Program Director of Student Diversity Initiatives and Success
College of Arts & Science is seeking a Program Director of Student Diversity Initiatives and Success. The Program Director of Student Diversity Initiatives and Success will provide implementation, recruitment, tracking metrics, and administrative support for the Academic Diversity Officer’s (ADO) Leadership through Excellence in Academics and Diversity (LEAD) Programs and initiatives for historically underrepresented and marginalized communities, and under supervision of the ADO, serve as site coordinator for the Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation (LSAMP) Program at Miami University, a federally funded program to support underrepresented minority students majoring in science, engineering, technology and mathematics. The position will report directly to the Director of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging (ADO) in the College of Arts & Science.
Duties include and are not limited to:
- Serve as the site coordinator for Miami University LSAMP Program, a partnership with the Ohio LSAMP Alliance, including overseeing the Miami LSAMP Early Arrival Program, recruitment and communication efforts, program data collection (i.e., enrollment forms, quarterly reports, supplemental invoice forms, event and activity evaluation, and other data) and submission of internal and external reporting, the Living Learning Community, and student organization.
- Provide ongoing implementation, recruitment and administrative support for the ADO’s LEAD Programs focused on historically underrepresented and marginalized communities in the college including assisting with Pre-Semester Programs, supporting Living Learning Communities and student organizations affiliated with the LEAD Programs, internal and external program data collection, reporting and evaluation, making program improvement recommendations, and helping to assess feasibility and ongoing performance.
- Mentor, engage in inclusive advising, and provide direct support for LSAMP scholars, LEAD scholars, and other students in the college from historically underrepresented and marginalized communities who are not in these programs.
- Work with support staff to maintain program/project sites and affiliated learning management system; support efforts with program/project marketing and outreach materials.
- Collaborate with the Center for Student Diversity & Inclusion and critical partners in Enrollment Management and Student Success to accomplish goals and enhance the experience of historically underrepresented and marginalized student communities as assigned by Supervisor/Director.
- Actively participate in creating and fostering a culture of inclusion and belonging in the College of Arts and Science and at the university.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree. Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups/populations. Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational, and analytical skills. Detail-oriented, accuracy, and dependability are essential to this position. Computer proficiency in basic software packages (Excel, Word & PowerPoint) and virtual meeting platforms (Zoom, Google Meet).
This position is not eligible for H-1B sponsorship.
Consideration may be given to candidates with a Bachelor’s degree or higher in a STEM discipline and an understanding of educational software systems (Canvas, Banner, DARS etc.).
Submit cover letter and curriculum vitae to http://jobs.miamioh.edu/cw/en-us/job/497217?lApplicationSubSourceID=. Inquiries may be directed to Carolyn Craig at firstname.lastname@example.org. Screening of applications begins January 26, 2021 and continues until the position is filled.
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Oxford
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Oxford
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Oxford
- Student Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Oxford
- Minority & Multicultural Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Oxford