Faculty Position (Tenure-Track/Tenured) Experimental Physics
The Institute for Shock Physics (ISP) is a multidisciplinary research organization, within the College of Arts and Sciences (CAS) at Washington State University (WSU), with an emphasis on understanding condensed matter response at extreme conditions. We are seeking to hire an outstanding individual in the area of Dynamic Compression Science for a Faculty position. The Institute seeks an experimentalist with exceptional promise for, or proven record of, research achievements, and the ability to contribute to the ISP’s role as the pre-eminent academic research organization in the field. The faculty rank (Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor) is open and will be determined based on the applicant’s qualifications, record of achievements, and scientific stature.
The individual hired will be expected to develop a strong, externally-funded research program in dynamic compression science, teach undergraduate and graduate courses in Physics, and guide the research activities of graduate students and postdocs. This is a permanent, full-time, academic year (9 month), tenure-track or tenured position – located on the WSU Pullman campus – with the possibility of joint appointment in the Department of Physics & Astronomy. Additionally, there exist excellent opportunities for collaborations with faculty at partner universities (Princeton University, California Institute of Technology, and Stanford University), and scientists at the DOE/NNSA and DoD Laboratories.
Only applicants who are currently in the U.S. and meet the following required qualifications will be considered for the position.
• Earned PhD in Physics, or a related field, and a strong experimental record in dynamic compression science.
• Outstanding research credentials as demonstrated by peer reviewed publications and scientific achievements/stature – commensurate with the faculty rank.
• Demonstrated leadership qualities, and the interest/ability to develop and manage an independent research program.
• Strong interest and ability to guide graduate students and postdocs.
Please send application materials thru the application link. The following materials should be included in your application package:
• Cover letter summarizing your scientific accomplishments and vision for your research program at ISP
• Curriculum vitae
• Research Statement (limit 5 pages)
• Teaching philosophy statement (limit 2 pages)
• Contact information for 3 - 5 professional references
Applications will be considered until the position is filled. Please contact Ms. Sheila Heyns with inquiries regarding this position (email@example.com, 509-335-1861).
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Pullman
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Pullman
- Physics & Space Sciences Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Pullman