Associate Director, Office of Clinical Experiences
Associate Director, Office of Clinical Experiences
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing, organizing, and managing the University’s many education and counseling clinical placements needs in collaboration with regional sites. This person will have a clear understanding of requirements for courses requiring fields and clinical experiences, including stage requirements within departments across the Educator Preparation Programs (EPP) and CESW. This person will work collaboratively with field and clinical experience placement coordinators and/or faculty within departments.
This person will establish and sustain working relationships with district and school administrators with the aim of increasing placement sites for the EPP and CESW. This individual will be responsible for finding, developing, and coordinating all placement activities in school districts, specialty sites, and Philadelphia sites. They will serve as liaison between site administrators and coordinators on behalf of WCU to all sites receiving candidates from all WCU programs. This person will assist field and site coordinators when issues arise and be the point person (as needed) to communicate with site administrators. This position will oversee the maintenance of records and documentation of all stages of field experience needed for federal and accreditation reporting. They will supervise staff members as assigned and they must engage in clear, effective and open communication with all WCU field/clinical coordinators and site administrators.
Associate Director Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- assume a leadership role in managing and monitoring relationships with all PreK-12 schools across the EPPs, and support Counselor Education related clinical and field experiences through regular communication
- supervise staff members as assigned
- establish a positive working relationship with building-level administrators and WCU faculty
- work closely with University faculty members, and PreK-12 faculty members (as needed), and specialty site personnel to develop appropriate program-specific clinical and field sites
- coordinate training of cooperating teachers and other field mentors to ensure the quality of WCU student experiences is maintained
- remain current regarding local, state, and national requirements and policies related to education clinical and field experiences
- contribute to the analysis of the assessments used to evaluate clinical and field experiences
- oversee the maintenance of clinical records and the documentation needed for any licensure or certificate program
- carry out other relevant duties as assigned by the Executive Director of the Office of Clinical Experiences and Candidate Services
- Master’s Degree in an Education Field
- Three years Prek-12 School Teaching Experience
- Three years Principal or above education administrative experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of local, state, and national requirements related to education clinical & field experiences
- Demonstrated knowledge of counselor education related clinical & field experience
- Demonstrated skills of organization and data management
- Demonstrated leadership skills in managing and monitoring relationships
- Demonstrated understanding of clinical experiences, student teaching, and school operations specific to education
- Demonstrated knowledge of assessments used to evaluate clinical and field experiences
- Experience with coordination of trainings whether within or outside personnel
- Clear cohesive written communication skills
- Demonstrated evidence of interactions with a variety of constituents
Interested persons should submit by 1/3/21 for primary consideration
- Cover Letter
- Three References
Candidates should apply online at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/wcupa/jobs/2910668/21-24-associate-director-of-the-office-of-clinical-experiences-manager-180?keywords=21-24&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
West Chester University is committed to providing leadership in extending equal opportunities to all individuals and prohibits any form of discrimination and harassment on the basis of sex, race, color, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or disability in any decision making regarding admissions, employment, or participation in a University program or activity in accordance with the letter and spirit of federal, state, and local non-discrimination and equal opportunity laws, such as Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972, The Age Discrimination in Employment Act, The Americans with Disabilities and ADA Amendments Act, The Equal Pay Act, and the Pennsylvania Human Relations Act. Questions or complaints regarding this policy statement should be directed to Lynn Klingensmith, Director for Equity and Compliance/Title IX and ADA Coordinator, located at 114 W. Rosedale Avenue, West Chester, PA 19382; email: LKlingensmith@wcupa.edu; phone: (610) 436-2433.
Developing and sustaining a diverse faculty and staff advances WCU’s educational mission and strategic Plan for Excellence. West Chester University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
All offers of employment are subject to and contingent upon satisfactory completion of all pre-employment background checks.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in West Chester
- Academic Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in West Chester
- Academic Administration Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in West Chester
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in West Chester
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in West Chester