Senior Sponsored Research Grants Associate
Internal Title: Senior Research Administration Associate
External Title: Senior Sponsored Research Grants Associate
Located at the heart of the Texas Medical Center, the largest medical complex in the world, Baylor College of Medicine focuses the efforts of faculty, staff and trainees on improving health through science, scholarship and innovation. This vision is realized through collaborative research initiatives in which basic, translational, and clinical researchers work together across disciplines and specialties to discover fundamental insights into human health and disease and to apply their discoveries to develop new diagnostic tools and treatments. Baylor is ranked 21st among U.S. medical schools in NIH funding for 2019.
Experienced Senior Research Administration Associate in pre-award or programmatic aspects of grant and subaward management will join the Sponsored Programs team to help process sponsored awards throughout their life span from application to funding to annual reports to close-out. As a Senior Associate, this position contributes and leads efforts to develop and implement improvements to the award management processes. This position will help advise and train not only members of the staff but also the BCM research community of researchers and departmental administrators.
The Sponsored Programs Office is a fast-paced, deadline-driven and dynamic environment offering a friendly and collaborative work culture with flexible work schedules and a strong work life balance. We enjoy a good sense of humor and chocolate.
We are open to considering applicants who want to work remotely.
• Recommends improvement to and changes in operations to increase effectiveness and efficiency.
• Reviews and approves grant applications, certifying summary data in the College's electronic Biomedical Research and Assurance Information Network (BRAIN) on behalf of the department.
• Consults with faculty regarding funding opportunities, eligibility, and application requirements for sponsored funding. The opportunities can range from simple fellowship grants to complex grants and contracts.
• Reviews and negotiates award agreements from Federal, State and Non-profit sponsors.
• Prepares and negotiates subaward agreements and perform subrecipient risk assessment and monitoring.
• Prepares grants and subcontracts submissions internally (BRAIN) and externally (Sponsor sites).
• Ensures compliance with all guidelines.
• Serves as grants liaison between faculty, Baylor College of Medicine, national and international institutions, and/or federal/private funding agencies.
• Attends weekly office meetings and monthly workshops.
• Helps monitor office email and ensures communications are responded to in a timely manner.
• Maintains special tracking systems and follows detailed checklists to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Four years of relevant experience.
- Advanced degree and two years of experience will also be considered.
- Certified Research Administrator
- Position requires good reading and writing skills, ability to analyze and problem solve, and high degree of flexibility in being able to respond to fast paced environment.
- Requires advanced knowledge of grants and research administration, typically obtained through advanced education and experience.
Current BCM employees eligible to transfer are encouraged to apply.
We invite you to learn more about our benefits (bcm.edu/careers/benefits) including medical, dental, and vision insurance, tuition reimbursement, incentive-based wellness program, and more.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.