Part Time Faculty Program Facilitator Instructor
Montgomery College is Maryland’s premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. Montgomery College is one of Maryland’s most diverse community colleges, which includes more than 164 nations represented in our student body. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success.
Job TitlePart Time Faculty Program Facilitator Instructor
Job Description SummaryThe Montgomery College, is currently accepting applications for possible openings as a part-time faculty member serving as a Program Facilitator with the Student Health and Wellness Center for Success which includes the Peer2Peer Program. We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated educator who exhibits a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner. The work hours will be a maximum of 20 hours per week.
***Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time Faculty on a continuous basis. Applications may be reviewed periodically based on the student enrollment needs. ***
• The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as “TBA” does not constitute an assignment.
• The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic judgment and shall be determined at Management’s sole discretion.
• During the academic year part-time faculty at Montgomery College may teach no more than 11.5 ESH (equivalent semester hour) per semester and no more than 23 ESH per academic year.
• During summer part-time faculty at Montgomery College may teach no more than 10 ESH (equivalent semester hour) for both sessions combined.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned that are consistent with the goals of the SHaW Center for Success and Peer2Peer Program.
- Hire and supervise any of the group of Peer (students) Advocates, Educators, Mentors and Navigators, collegewide or on a specified campus.
- Oversee and plan the day-to-day activities of the Peers as prescribed and planned in consultation with the other peer2peer program coordinators, and as directed by the Student Affairs Initiatives Program Manager to achieve the goals and strategic outcomes of the Peer2Peer Program, and as aligned with those of the Division of Student Affairs success initiatives.
- Educate (teach and train) Peer Advocates, Educators, Mentors or Navigators on various topics to support their and their peers’ success, and in compliance with specific federal and state mandates relative to education, prevention and awareness.
- Teach the Peers skills on how to engage their student peers to support their learning and increase their navigational skills for accessing college resources.
- Coordinate training and supports for Peers
- Assist with the development of training and program (i.e. educational and promotional) materials and reports.
- Devise a strategy to engage targeted student populations such as African American and Latino students to support the Achieve the Promise “close the achievement gap” efforts
- Organize and assist Peers with outreach, connecting with students and adhering to program requirements.
- Track students’ engagement progress and facilitate weekly group meetings for Peers
- Refer students to college’s support services when appropriate.
- Conduct orientation and evaluate Peers each semester.
- Maintain accurate, complete records of programs and projects to provide weekly status reports.
- Track and maintain updated program, events, activities’ quantitative and qualitative data, as appropriate, to assess impact and student contact.
- Promote and present to the College community on the Peer2Peer Program.
- Master’s Degree with a preference for student development, higher education, education, counseling or closely related field.
- Experience with organizing, teaching and/or conducting training, workshops, seminars, etc.
- Efficient in Microsoft Office.
- Experience with social media applications such as Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that might include evenings and weekends with advanced notification.
- Faculty members are expected to have access to a personal computer with virus protection that can connect to the internet outside of the work location (i.e., office, classroom, college campus)*. Montgomery College (MC) provides an MC e-mail account and access to the learning platform, password-protected faculty sections of the website, college listservs, and other faculty communications tools. *If you do not have access to a personal computer, please notify the department chair at the time of interview. Subject to available funds, the college may be able to provide temporary access to resources.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without a sponsor.
- Experience with supervising, working with, advising, or mentoring/coaching students.
Application Process :
- Online applications must be received by March 31, 2021.
- For consideration, you must: (optional)
Include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
Submit a cover letter along with an un-official copy of your transcripts from your highest degree earned.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check and degree verification (if applicable). Must provide proof of US degree equivalency for international degrees.
Montgomery College is a tobacco and smoke-free environment
For disability related accommodations please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: email@example.com at least two weeks in advance.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.
Closing DateOpen Until Filled
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Two (2) weeks’ notice required to provide accommodations.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.