Coordinator - Academic/Career Programs, EMT - Part Time
COORDINATOR - ACADEMIC/CAREER PROGRAMS, EMERGENCY MEDICAL TECHNICIAN (EMT) - PART TIME
MALCOLM X COLLEGE
A Coordinator - Academic/Career Programs - Part Time administers and supports the Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) program, coordinating work operations and performing student facing activities to provide information, support, and guidance to students. This position will work with Deans, Assistant Deans, and other college administrators to oversee a program’s day to day operations, to coordinate and execute program activities, and to support students in achieving academic success.
- Implements and executes processes and procedures in support of an academic program and provision of direct student services, working closely with Deans, Assistant Deans and other college administrators
- Provides individual and/or group academic coaching to support student’s academic and career goals and that connect to transfer, completion, and career programs.
- Develops and conducts workshops, student forums, and related outreach activities to promote academic and personal growth and to help students make a strong connection to college life and succeed in meeting their academic goals.
- Monitors and oversees the day to day operations of certificate and non-credit programs, coordinating and administering program activities to ensure their effective administration and compliance with CCC policies and other requirements.
- Guides and works with students to provide direction, guidance, and in-depth information on the requirement of an academic program including curriculum, course schedules, and degree progression.
- Works collaboratively with faculty to implement and administer student success programs to increase student retention, achievement, and graduation rates.
- Coordinates course planning for certificate programs including preparing course schedules, scheduling Instructors, and overseeing testing of program participants.
- Oversees scheduling and organization of certificate, degree and seminar courses for Fire Science Programs. Works collaboratively with administrators to maintain course and curriculum standards, maintaining records, and monitoring Instructors’ performance.
- Makes presentations at various events to promote and market academic programs. Works with marketing department to develop marketing materials.
- Compiles, organizes, and maintains program and student data and prepares reports.
- Leads the planning, organization, and execution of large scale and major events for a college such as open houses, science fairs, and faculty development week.
- Oversees procurement functions or an academic program or division, preparing purchase requisitions, researching vendors, monitoring expenditures, and working with Procurement Services to coordinate the procurement process.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Business or Public Administration, Education, Public Policy, or a related field.
- Three to five years of work experience in a responsible administrative or program administrator role, preferably for a non-for-profit or higher education institution.
- Specific type of work experience, qualifications, and licensure (if any) will depend on the specific focus and job role of the position, and will be specified in the job posting.
- A combination of education and experience may be taken into consideration based on the applicant’s credentials
- Strong collaborator who can work in a matrixed environment and team setting to accomplish goals in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Academic Administration Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago