Human Resources Coordinator
CU Boulder is encouraging applications for a Human Resources Coordinator to provide assistance with hiring and onboarding, budgets, projections, maintaining employee records, payroll processing and overall administrative support. The Human Resources Coordinator follows and interprets all human resource policies, procedures, and guidelines with the College of Arts and Sciences, the university and state of Colorado, and serves as a resource to faculty and employees.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
At the Department of Integrative Physiology, we study organisms as functioning systems of molecules, cells, tissues, and organs. This emphasis on whole-body function, and its applications to human health and disease, has made Integrative Physiology the largest undergraduate major at CU-Boulder. Our PhD program was recently ranked 9th out of 63 physiology programs in the country. Our diverse faculty include several who have joint affiliations with the Institute for Behavioral Genetics and the Center for Neuroscience, as well as clinical divisions at the CU-Anschutz medical campus.
For a video introduction to the Department, and our mission and vision statements, see the About Us page.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
HR Operations and Administrative Support
- Coordinate electronic filing system and conduct quarterly audits to maintain compliance with various federal, state, campus, and college policies or regulations.
- Serve as a resource on HR processes from hiring to the departure of employees.
- Ensure all research faculty and staff have performance evaluations complete, and performance goals and objectives as needed.
- Coordinate and communicate annual merit timelines and processes to managers and supervisors in the department.
- Collaborate with the campus as needed to ensure accurate and timely submission of employee job records in HCM.
- Verify signed offer letters are received and electronically saved in personnel files, verify background checks and training completion; provide advice to campus constituents of appropriate employment type.
- Undertake specific administrative projects as requested by the Chair or Executive Manager.
- Assist with keeping resources, policies and procedures on the IPHY website updated and accessible.
Hiring and Onboarding of Research Personnel
- Serve as main contact with faculty, lab managers, and PIs for hiring requests.
- Serve as the main liaison to the campus HRSC and Research Faculty HR; facilitate completion and submission of student hires, professional temporary hires, research temporary hires.
- Manage onboarding processes for all new staff, student employees, research staff, and temporary employees and coordinate with Campus HR.
- Guide campus on international student and scholar processes. Liaison with ISSS office.
- Review monthly payroll register for accuracy and timely completion for the department.
- Change funding source per hiring manager request, reviewing budgets and allowability on new speedtype with the finance and grant coordinator and Executive Manager. Run reports for accuracy.
- Coordinate all payroll expense transfers in order to correct funding sources.
- Leave accrual management by ensuring hours are submitted and approved. Remind late employees and supervisors.
- Revise/implement payroll procedures as new requirements are mandated. Create and implement new processes for efficiency.
- Conduct monthly Sexual Harassment & Discrimination training audits and ensures college compliance on a monthly basis
- Support the Chair and Executive Manager on meeting all performance and merit evaluation timelines.
- Generate reports and capture data for cleanup and compliance tracking, create spreadsheets, and provide to HRSC and Executive Manager for system entry and review.
What We Can Offer
Annual Salary Range is $48,000- $50,000.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Informed. Be Supportive. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute for the degree on a year-for-year basis.
- 1 year of experience in administration, business, finances, human resources, or a related position.
What You Will Need
- Proven problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Written and verbal communication skills with the ability to explain sophisticated policies and procedures.
- A high degree of professionalism and ability to maintain confidentiality and work with sensitive information.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively analyze issues so as to foresee possible problems or concerns that may arise and to develop proactive solutions and initiate related action.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive and cooperative working relationships within the department and with outside units.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Outlook).
What We Would Like You To Have
- 2 or more years of experience in administration, business, finances, human resources, or a related position.
- Experience with human resources and financial data systems.
- Experience with the administration of higher education or educational organizations.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply by January 24, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs .
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu