The administrative assistant provides administrative and operational support to the Dean, faculty, and staff of the School of Business and Economics. The individual provides additional budgetary support to the Exercise Sport Science Department, including the Athletic Training Program. The administrative assistant reports directly to the Dean of the School of Business and Economics (SOBE).
Provide administrative support for a subset of academic departments in the SOBE such as
- track expenditures and reconcile budget ledgers
- attend meetings, record and distribute minutes as needed
- order and maintain office supplies
- collect and distribute departmental mail
- support printer/copier and telephone systems
- administer course evaluations
- hire and supervise student workers
- assist in the planning and logistical support of department and division events
- support departmental external reviews and accreditation efforts as needed
- support programs with travel arrangements, special events, etc.
Provide administrative support for the Director of the A.W. Clausen Center for World Business including written communications and logistical support for VIP visitors sponsored by the Center. Provide customer-friendly reception service in Clausen Center administrative office to visitors, faculty, staff and students.
- high school diploma, associate’s or bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 1 - 3 years of similar administrative experience.
- excellent oral and written communication skills, proficiency with numbers, and attention to detail.
- proficiency with personal computing including Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to learn other software systems.
- knowledge of and the ability to use a variety of standard office equipment such as a telephone, computer keyboard, copier, scanner, etc.
- the ability to work collegially and professionally in a team-oriented environment with individuals with varying backgrounds.
- demonstrated ability to handle challenging situations with confidence and to function effectively with frequent interruptions.
- excellent organization, problem-solving, prioritizing, and critical thinking skills.
- the ability to exercise individual initiative, independent action, and sound judgment.
How to apply: Apply online . Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; a review of applications will begin immediately. All applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to the “resume upload” section of the application.
Founded in 1847, Carthage College combines an environment of reflection and self-discovery with a culture of high expectation, so that our students uncover and ignite their true potential. As a four-year private liberal arts college with roots in the Lutheran tradition, we place a strong emphasis on both moral and intellectual values. Our prime location in Kenosha, Wisconsin, midway between Chicago and Milwaukee, allows students the opportunity to learn in a professional context. Our beautiful campus, an 80-acre arboretum on the shore of Lake Michigan is home to 150 scholars, 2,600 full-time students, and 400 part-time students. Our rich academic experience equips students with foundational knowledge and skills, preparing graduates to be lifelong learners and to lead meaningful, productive lives.
Carthage College is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse community. We welcome applications from a broad spectrum of people, including members of ethnic minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation,national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Kenosha
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Kenosha
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Kenosha
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Kenosha