Laboratory Technician, AEST and Art & Design
Job Summary/Basic Function
The primary duties include preparation and maintenance of technology laboratories in Osburn Hall (90%) and preparation and maintenance of art studios in Breidenstine Hall (10%), along with assisting with the maintenance and operation of shared instrumentation used by faculty, staff, and students in these programs. These duties include: laboratory safety; developing a team-work oriented undergraduate and graduate laboratory assistant workforce; training and supervision of undergraduate and graduate student laboratory assistants; maintenance of technology and art equipment and processes; troubleshooting malfunctioning equipment and processes; managing hazardous materials storage and removal; administering preventative maintenance and life-cycle renewal programs; and conducting miscellaneous services.
Annual salary is $42,778.00 plus comprehensive benefits including tuition waiver for self and dependents.
- Associate degree or higher in mechanically related technologies.
- Two years of progressively complex maintenance experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and repair equipment failure.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize duties.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to follow detailed procedures.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to plan and organize routine equipment & building maintenance.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Evidence of commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Successful interview, pre-employment physical and back screen, and satisfactory background checks.
- Advanced level of machine tool experiences.
- Two years prior experience working as a maintenance mechanic.
Special Instructions to Applicants
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville