Posting Number: SRGV4675
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: RCV College of Business and Entrepreneurship
Scope of Job:
To perform advanced program administration, development and coordination for the Student Success Center in the Robert C. Vackar College of Business and Entrepreneurship. Responsible for all phases of program development and coordination of program activities.
Description of Duties:
• Administers, coordinates and manages college and university community outreach activities related to concentration area and orientations in collaboration with other staff members and faculty members.
• Develops and implements standards for attainment of program goals and objectives.
• Evaluates programs for continued improvement.
• Sets departmental goals with center or program leadership for strategic planning purposes.
• Prepares quantitative and qualitative program reports for high-level administrators, including divisional Vice President.
• Develops or assists in the development of programs that promote interests and encouragement to students.
• Conducts research related to developments in field for continuous program development.
• Meets with faculty and center staff and leadership to discuss program development. Acts as department liaison with faculty and staff setting up learning skilled programs on campus.
• Maintains frequent interaction with University departments, special groups and external agencies in administering the program.
• Recommends new policies and procedures for improvement of program activities.
• Coordinates staff training and development.
• Responsible for the management of assigned staff, including supervision, hiring, scheduling, and evaluation. Tutors individuals or small groups and identifies and develops learning skills.
• Prepares abstracts, research reports, funding proposals, operations and procedures written material and documentation.
• Conducts marketing assessment for assigned area.
• Creates and reviews reports of expenditures and activities.
• Oversees financial management of all the program’s activities.
• Determines work priorities.
• Works on special projects as assigned.
• Attends departmental, college and university-wide meetings., and may attendprofessional development seminars.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
General direction from department director or assigned supervisor.
Supervisory responsibility as required.
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field from an accredited University.
Master’s Degree in a related field from an accredited University.
• Five (5) years of experience working with student related initiatives, community outreach services including the program planning/coordination of student related programs or closely related experience, or
• Seven (7) years of the required experience with an Associate Degree or 60 hours of College Credit, or
• Nine (9) years of the required experience with a High School Diploma or equivalent.
Experience obtained working in a higher education setting.
Use of standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Usual office environment. Occasional evening or weekend hours may be required. Some travel may be required.
Ability to interact in a professional manner with faculty, staff, students and the public. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated interpersonal skills. Independent decision making and problem-solving ability.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 01/13/2021
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please visit our Careers site at https://careers.utrgv.edu for detailed contact information.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/27100