Chief Business Officer (CBO)
The Chief Business Officer (CBO) for George Mason University Korea (GMUK) oversees the overall development, operation, and management of the Offices of Accounting and Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology Services, and Facilities. Principle responsibilities include institutional financial operations and budget, purchasing, external contracts, risk management, fiscal projection development and planning, and projects and activities related to human resources development. This position serves as the controller for Mason Korea, and is also responsible for the acquisition, control, and expenditure of funds and acts as liaison between the university and outside taxing districts, organizations, and agencies in fiscal matters. The GMUK CBO is responsible for coordination and collaboration with several GMU U.S. campus offices, including the Provost’s Office, Fiscal Services, and Information Technology Services. The CBO supervises and evaluates staff in the divisions under his or her responsibility.
The Chief Business Officer
- Manages the development of annual financial budgets and monitors expenditures
- Coordinates the budget process to maintain sound financial conditions and compliance with relevant policies, procedures, and financial standards
- Compiles and develops an annual financial report and regularly provides and updates multiyear budget forecasts
- Provides regular financial reports to the Mason Korea Board of Managers audit committee and updates as required at full board meetings
- Facilitates and oversees all financial audits
- Oversees human resource operations and policy, and employee compensation
- Serves as Mason Korea liaison to external bodies in fiscal and human resource matters such as taxation, provision of subsidies, compliance, employee relations and the like
- Oversees Information Technology infrastructure
- Accountable for developing and maintaining emergency management plans
- Responsible for GMUK facilities and serves as a point of contact with the Incheon Global Campus, a separate, multicampus entity on which GMUK is located.
- Serves as a liaison between GMUK and GMU U.S. based operational and support offices
- Coordinates financial arrangements and payments between George Mason University and Mason Korea, LLC
- Proactively addresses problems or inefficiencies in areas of responsibility, and continually seeks to maintain and improve the cost-effectiveness of Mason Korea’s operations.
- Provides critical support for and collaborates with the senior leadership team at George Mason University Korea
- Serves as a member of the senior leadership team and reports to the dean of George Mason University Korea.
- MBA or Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, etc.
- 10+ years of experience managing people and processes with increasing level of responsibilities
- Global experience or significant experience managing cross cultural teams
- Knowledge and understanding of higher education landscape and branch campus operations
Applicants MUST submit the following documents through our hiring site.
- A cover letter that explains your interest in the position and highlights relevant experience;
- Current resume;
- At least three references with full contact information. References will not be contacted without consent from applicants.
Applications received on or before February 22, 2020 will be guaranteed full consideration.
About George Mason Korea
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. It is among the 130 or so top “R1” ranked research universities in the US and in the top 200 of the Shanghai World Ranking of Universities. A public university located in Fairfax Virginia, George Mason is the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs.
George Mason, Korea, is George Mason’s international branch campus in Songdo, South Korea. Mason Korea was established as part of George Mason University’s commitment to education on a global scale and its belief in the power of international perspective and connection. Mason Korea is located on the Incheon Global Campus (IGC), which it shares with three other international branch campuses. Mason Korea students, staff, and faculty have access to modern facilities and resources on the IGC for a terrific living and work environment. Songdo, South Korea is a modern “smart” city designed from the start with large parks, plentiful walking and bike paths, and excellent public transportation. Songdo is convenient to Korea’s Incheon International Airport—around a half hour by car—as well as to the capital city of Seoul—around an hour by car.
Further information on Mason Korea can be found at masonkorea.gmu.edu.
More searches like this
- Administrative Executive Competitive Full Time jobs in South Korea
- Business & Administrative Affairs Executive Competitive Full Time jobs in South Korea
- Chief Business Officers & Vice Presidents Executive Competitive Full Time jobs in South Korea
- Executive Executive Competitive Full Time jobs in South Korea
- Executive Directors Executive Competitive Full Time jobs in South Korea