Accounting Instructor (Tenure Track)
Highline College in Des Moines, Washington is seeking a full-time, tenure-track faculty position in Accounting. Anticipated date of employment is September 2021. Typically this position teaches 45 credits and participates in departmental and college-wide activities. Salary is based on the negotiated faculty salary schedule. Initial placement typically ranges from $58,050 to $66,450 (depending on the candidate's qualifications) for a 9 month contract (170 instructional days).
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION:
To ensure full review of your application, materials should be received by 9:00 pm, February 8, 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE FILED ONLINE
Teaching: Develop, teach, and
maintain courses such as Practical Accounting, Financial
Accounting, Managerial Accounting, Business Tax and Payroll,
Individual Income Tax Procedure, and Quickbooks or equivalent.
Teaching assignments may include evening/weekend, on-line, hybrid,
virtual (Zoom) and off-campus sections. Advise students in
developing and monitoring their academic plans.
Service: Engage in department, division and college initiatives; participate in shared governance; promote the college's values and perform other contracted duties (for example, advising and community outreach) as required.
Professional development: Maintain competence in teaching and the discipline through professional development.
At Highline, successful faculty applicants demonstrate the ability to promote:
- Active, inclusive and culturally relevant learning environments and curricula that welcome and engage all students, incorporating instructional technologies as appropriate to improve student attainment.
- Cultural responsiveness and a commitment to equity in interactions with students, faculty, staff and community members who span a diverse range of languages, nationalities and ethnicities, socio-economic levels, identities and educational experiences.
- Collaborative approaches to day-to-day activities, to the development of innovations and new initiatives and, when necessary, to problem-solving.
- Self-reflection practice in teaching and learning, assessment, leadership, professional development and service.
- Master's degree (or higher) in Accounting or finance from an institution with regional accreditation or its international equivalent (pending degrees must be verified by a letter from the granting institution)
- Desired qualifications:
- Teaching experience at the secondary college level.
- One year or more accounting industry experience
- CPA and/or CMA
Highline College prides itself on its commitment to diversity and equity, its institutional culture of collegiality and innovation, its globalization of curricula and its inclusion of the community in its programming.
Founded in 1961, Highline College is situated in a diverse community just 15 minutes south of Seattle. The college annually serves more than 16,500 students –– a student population of over 70% students of color, representing 35 nations and more than 100 languages. The college embraces equity, inclusion and social justice, with core goals of student attainment, diversity, community Engagement and sustainability. The student body at Highline College is made up of Transfer students, Running Start students, Professional-Technical students, International students, Comprehensive Transition Program for students with intellectual disabilities, Adult Basic Education and English Language Learners. In addition, we offer six bachelor of applied science, four-year degrees.
MISSION AND VISION
As an essential part of our mission and vision, diversity, equity and inclusion are promoted and fostered in all aspects of college life.
The Accounting Department offers classes in Practical, Financial and Managerial Accounting, Accounting with Quickbooks, Business Tax and Payroll Accounting, Individual Income Tax Procedures, and other relevant topics. The department offers classes to support students transferring to a 4-year university along with specialty classes that prepare students to directly enter the workforce. In addition to the 2-year transferable Associate of Arts degree, we offer flexible options including short, stackable certificates, a 1-year bookkeeping certificate, and a 2-year Associate of Applied of Science degree. For more information on the Accounting Department, see https://accounting.highline.edu
Your online application must include the following four attachments to be considered complete:
- A detailed resume that addresses the MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS of the position.
- A letter of application (two-page maximum) that addresses your ability to meet the FACULTY-WIDE SKILLS AND ABILITIES for appointment and, to the extent applicable, the DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS of the position. Please include in your letter lower-division undergraduate courses taught, and number of times taught.
- A one-page response to the DIVERSITY STATEMENT found in the Supplemental tab.
- Unofficial Transcripts documenting undergraduate and graduate course work and degrees (official transcripts required upon employment)
APPLICATIONS MUST BE FILED ONLINE AT:
NEED APPLICATION HELP?
Should you have any difficulties uploading your documents or navigating the application process, please contact NEOGOV Technical Support at 1-855-524-5627, Monday - Friday 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM Pacific Time.
HIGHLINE COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Highline College is an equal opportunity employer. The College is committed to enhancing the diversity of our faculty and staff, as well as our student population. We strive to create a working environment that includes and respects cultural, racial, ethnic, sexual orientations, and gender identity diversity. We strongly encourage applicants to apply without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legal protected status.
The College complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Applicants needing accommodations in the application process in an alternative format may contact the Human Resources office at (206) 592-3812. Persons who are deaf or hard of hearing may dial 711 to place a call through Washington Relay, the state's free telecommunication access service.
TITLE IX POLICY
Highline College complies with Title IX regulations. For details on our policies, see our website https://humanresources.highline.edu/faculty-and-staff/policies/title-ix/