Career Counselor- (Business Sustainability, Healthcare and Exploratory) (65151BR) at ASU
Career Management and Employer Engagement at the W. P. Carey
School of Business is seeking a Career Counselor who is a positive,
energetic and enthusiastic individual to provide career coaching,
programming, and course instruction for business students in the
following majors: Sustainability, Healthcare, Human Resources, Food
Management, Agribusiness, and business exploratory. This position
will deliver career programming and coaching in an effort to assist
students with choice of major, career options, and opportunities
related to their personal and professional objectives. This
individual will also use resources to help make informed decisions
concerning career goals with a variety of business majors/programs
distributed across three campuses in the Phoenix metropolitan area.
This Tempe Campus-based position will utilize verbal and written
communication skills, program design and project management skills,
organizational skills, media skills while tapping into a desire to
innovate, create and manage multiple student career development
programs, consultation services, and events for students and
Days and Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Some evenings and weekends will be required. While based on the Tempe campus, individual must be willing and able to travel to multiple campus locations in the Phoenix metropolitan area on occasion. This role is currently working remotely due to the global pandemic. Return to campus dates will be provided in the future.
- Working specifically with students in: Sustainability, Healthcare, Human Resources, Food Management, Agribusiness, and business exploratory.
- (30%) Provides individual, drop-in, and group career coaching services. Coordinates service delivery, including in-person and virtual, plus event management to students, alumni, faculty, staff and employers in using career development services and events. Works on multiple, concurrent projects under tight deadlines.
- (25%) Teaches career development courses in the Career Navigation Program (CNP) for undergraduates each semester. Delivers in-person/virtual presentations and online facilitation to support the career development of students in each year of their program. Attention to detail is used when responding to student questions, grading assignments and providing feedback in a timely manner.
- (30%) Develops programming and outreach to targeted students, including workshops, employer panels, student organization events, creating and sending editorial content, FDS survey outreach and follow up. Enhancing professional practice and portfolio subject matter expertise through employer meetings and research to understand market needs and our performance within it.
- (15%) Participates special projects, college collaboration and administration, to include special interest groups such as student clubs, supervising Graduate Assistants, Orientations, scholarship committees and events.
Master’s degree in counseling, student personnel, or related discipline and 3 years of related experience. OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Evidence of a Master’s degree in (business/ counseling/education) or related field
- Experience in higher education
- Experience in Sustainability, Healthcare, or Human Resources
- Experience in career coaching, counseling, academic advising
- Experience in human resources recruiting or college recruiting
- Experience with career program design, development and delivery
- Experience in building interpersonal business relationships
- Experience providing career coaching to business students
- Experience delivering presentations
- Evidence of effective verbal and written communications
- Experience with Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, data query, PowerPoint)
- Work with university students one-on-one and in group/class settings in-person, via Zoom, phone, e-mail, and multiple social media formats.
- Work with the business schools employer partners, both one-on-one and in group settings in-person, Zoom, phone, e-mail, and multiple social media formats.
- Communicate effectively to develop employment materials in various media, create metrics, and provide reports in various formats (electronic, hard- copy, etc.), in addition to coordinating and presenting information.
- Interpret policies, procedures, and requirements of career/employment programs within the school.
- Lift/move up to 30 pounds (materials, brochures, boxes, etc.).
- Travel occasionally.
- Utilize computer, phone, and various office equipment (fax, copier, etc.).
- Utilize multiple and various forms of technology.
- Work occasional extended hours, including evening and/or weekends, as needed.
The W. P. Carey School of Business at Arizona State University is one of the largest business schools in the United States with more than 15,000 students and 100,000 alumni worldwide. From our world-renowned faculty representing six continents to thousands of outstanding students who join us every year, the W. P. Carey School welcomes diversity and encourages global thinking. The W. P. Carey School is internationally recognized for its leadership in business education, groundbreaking research and innovation, and renowned faculty, making us one of the top-ranked business schools in the country. Learn more at wpcarey.asu.edu.
ASU StatementArizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 90,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Asu
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Asu
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Asu
- Student Affairs Administrative $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Asu
- Counseling Administrative $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Asu