Medical Assistant II
The Department of Cardiology at Baylor College of Medicine is seeking a competent level Medical Assistant who is proficient in delivering patient care in a high-paced, ambulatory care setting. This position is responsible for assisting providers in the administration of patient care in a clinical setting. Performs routine patient care responsibilities, as well as scribing for a provider.
This Medical Assistant will primarily work with one physician and their PA but will also provide cross coverage when needed. Cross training is mandatory and required. The individual will:
- Perform routine patient care responsibilities such as taking vital signs, venipuncture (blood draws), collect specimens, EKGs/ECGs, and POCTs.
- Collect patient history, performs medication reconciliation and enters information in the electronic medical record.
- Note the primary complaint/reason for patient’s visit.
- Set up instruments and equipment for Physician.
- Assist with procedures as needed.
- Administer medication under direction / order of a supervising Physician.
- Instruct patients on general care and medical procedures.
- Maintain patient and service rooms in a neat and orderly condition.
- Schedule patient tests, procedures, and appointments.
- Conduct patient outreach phone calls and post visit follow-ups.
- Perform clerical/administrative responsibilities such as filing and/or scanning patient medical records, obtain lab/x-ray reports, hospital notes, and referral information.
- Take inventory of clinic supplies and order supplies as needed.
- Sort and distribute clinic mail and medical records to the appropriate clinic personnel.
- High school diploma or GED and completion of a Medical Assistant Training program through an accredited institution.
- Two years of relevant experience.
- Current certification as a Medical Assistant through an accredited professional organization (AAMA, AMT, ARMA, NCCT, NAHP, NHA, NAHP, AMCA, or NRMA).
- Cardiology experience
- EPIC experience
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.