Project Assistant-Veteran's Resource Center
Responsible for serving as a subject matter expert support for the Veterans Resource Center. Performs a variety of technical, analytical and administrative support duties in providing responsible staff support to the Veterans Resource Center and assist with identifying and coordinating various specialized programming projects.
This is a Professional Expert position to provide support for the Orange Coast College Veterans Resource Center. The Professional Expert will serve as a subject matter expert specifically related to specialized programming focused on program completion for student veterans.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES: Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provides specialized subject matter expert support to the Veterans Resource Center including campus and community resources.
- Assists with identifying and coordinating various programming completion projects specifically geared towards students in Veterans Resource Center Program.
- Assists in collaboration with other departments campus wide to support a coordinated approach to student retention activities; specifically supporting student veterans and prospective students/program participants for services and resources.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Physical Demands
Education and Experience:
Associate's degree AND Relevant experience working with student veterans or military connected students in educational institutions, preferably in higher education.
Conditions of Employment
This is a professional expert position. The District reserves the right to extend, modify, or eliminate this position based upon available funds. The normal hours of work will be 800am - 3:00 PM, Monday through Friday. However, some flexibility such as evenings and weekends will be required to meet the needs of the department. The effective date of employment will be arranged with the supervisor.
- Regular attendance is considered an essential job function; the inability to meet attendance requirements may preclude the employee from retaining employment.
- The person holding this position is considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in Coast Community College District policies, procedures, and Title IX. (Reference: BP/AP 5910)
- The Coast Community College District celebrates all forms of diversity and is deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment within which students, staff, administrators, and faculty thrive. Individuals interested in advancing the District's strategic diversity goals are strongly encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: To be considered for this opportunity, you must submit a COMPLETE application packet. A complete application packet includes:
- A complete Coast Community College District Online Employment Application
- A current resume (as a separate attachment - PDF recommended)
- A cover letter providing evidence and examples that show education, experience, knowledge, and abilities to meet the requirements of the position (as a separate attachment - PDF recommended)
Once you have completed an electronic application, you may apply to open positions within the Coast Community College District by submitting the application and all other required materials. Required materials differ for each open position and must be complete when submitted for a specific posting.
Instructions for completing applications and applying to posted positions are available online or by calling Applicant Processing at (714) 438-4714 or (714) 438-4716.
All application materials become the property of the Coast Community College District and will NOT be copied or returned. Information for TDD users is available by calling (714) 438-4755.
Be sure to complete all questions and sections of the application. For questions, which may not apply, indicate 'n/a' (not applicable). If you do not know an answer, please indicate so, but do not leave any space blank. Any documents that you are unable to attach can be faxed to (714) 782-6065.
Faxes must clearly indicate your name and the job to which you are applying.
Disability Accommodations: If you require accommodations in the Application or Examination Process, please notify Human Resources by calling (714) 438-4714 OR (714) 438-4716.
- Applicants who are deemed to possess the highest degree of desirable qualifications will be invited to discuss their qualifications in an interview with the College/District. Please no te: Possession o f the d esired q u a l if i cations d oes n ot e n sure a n i n te rv ie w.
- If any travel is required for an applicant to participate in-person during the interview process, this will be done so at t he c an d i d a t e's own e xp e n se .
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A detailed list of physical demands and work environment is on file and will be provided upon request.
This direct link 2020 Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (ASFSR) is the 2020 Annual Security and Fire Safety Report for Coast Colleges. The crime statistics for calendar years 2017, 2018, and 2019 were submitted to the U.S. Department of Education as required under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. A hardcopy can be provided from one of the Campus Safety Offices. Please contact any of the Campus Safety Offices for any questions regarding the report.
Coast Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Coast Community College District is committed to employing qualified administrators/managers, faculty, and staff members who are dedicated to student learning and success. The Board recognizes that diversity in the academic environment fosters awareness, promotes mutual understanding and respect, and provides suitable role models for all students. The Board is committed to hiring and staff development processes that support the goals of equal opportunity and diversity, and provide equal consideration for all qualified candidates. The District does not discriminate unlawfully in providing educational or employment opportunities to any person on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or genetic information.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Costa Mesa
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Costa Mesa
- Other Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Costa Mesa
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Costa Mesa
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Costa Mesa