Program Director – MS Cardiovascular Perfusion Program
Working Title Program Director – MS Cardiovascular Perfusion Program Department College of Health and Human Services Full Time or Part Time? Full Time Position Number tbd Commitment to Inclusive Excellence
Northern Kentucky University ( NKU ) seeks excellence by enriching its educational environment and culture through the diversity of its administration, faculty and staff and by embracing inclusiveness, equity, and global awareness in all dimensions of its work. NKU is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action institution. We encourage applications by members of diverse groups and by persons with a demonstrated commitment to issues of diversity and experience in achieving goals relative to inclusive excellence.
Purpose of Position
The Program Director for the MS Cardiovascular Perfusion Program reports directly to the Dean of the College of Health and Human Services during the formative stages of the program and is entrusted with the leadership and managerial authority of the program. The Program Director is accountable for program administration, curricular leadership, management, mentorship, and oversight of program faculty and staff (including professional development and assignment of university and community service activities). The Program Director is responsible for working collaboratively to orient and mentor clinical faculty while mentoring and advising students matriculating through the program. The Program Director participates in institutional planning, curriculum design and review, and other appropriate governance roles within the framework of the College. As an educational leader, the Program Director works collaboratively with the Dean/School Director to provide support for viability, quality, legal and professional compliance of the specialty.
• Assume leadership responsibility and accountability for program administration.
• Meet the requirements as set forth by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs for Perfusion ( CAAHEP ).
• In collaboration with the Dean/School Director, assist in preparation and administration of program budget.
• Manage curriculum development and review.
• Participate in program, department, college, and university governance.
• Implement an evaluation plan for continuous self-assessment of the Program consistent with accreditation standards.
• Develop and implement policies and procedures that govern student recruitment, selection, evaluation, probation and/or dismissal.
• Negotiates affiliation agreements with clinical sites in consultation with the NKU Office of Legal Affairs and General Counsel.
• Provide and implement strategies to facilitate growth of the program.
• Supervise and monitor activities of faculty both didactic and clinical including performance evaluation.
• Prepare necessary reports to maintain accreditation of the program.
• Participate in student advising, mentoring and teaching.
• Represent the program within the community of interest.
• Advocate for the perfusion profession and its scope of practice.
• Demonstrate clinical competency.
Commitment to the mission of NKU, College of Health and Human Services, and Program.
• Meet the requirements for a Perfusion Education Program director as set forth in the Essentials and Guidelines: Perfusion Education accepted by the AC-PE
• Experientially qualified to lead the program.
• Highly developed interpersonal communication and organizational skills.
• Ability to create and maintain collegial relationships with internal and external team members.
• Effective supervisory skills including performance management and hiring.
• Advanced scholarship and evidence-based practice expertise.
• Master’s degree from an accredited institution recognized by the US Secretary of Education at the time the degree was conferred.
• Knowledge of environmental issues that influence the program and profession.
• Active engagement in professional organizations.
Two (2) years of experience as an instructor in an accredited educational program OR, experience in instructional methodology, curriculum design, program planning and counseling.
Minimum of Five (5) years of professional experience as a perfusionist
Any candidate who is offered this position will be required to go through a pre-employment criminal background check as mandated by state law. Minimum Education Master's Degree Preferred Education Master's Degree
Requisition Number 2020F507 Job Open Date 01/12/2021 Job Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Quick Link https://jobs.nku.edu/postings/9798 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application