Sr. Graphics Designer - (STA006834)
Researches, conceives and designs university and department publications and other print and electronic communication vehicles. Manages design projects and serves as university liaison for outsourced communication projects.
- Manages publication and other communication projects from concept to completion; translates marketing objectives into creative strategies as assigned.
- Creates and executes design concepts; develops artwork for materials such as brochures, invitations, and identity programs.
- Monitors university advertising for adherence to university graphic and branding standards.
- Consults with clients to evaluate individual project needs; prepares cost and time estimates for projects; and reviews printed materials to ensure quality control.
- Collaborates with writers, editors, marketing, photographers and other designers on communication projects to meet strategic objectives.
- Serves as primary liaison with vendors for communication projects to ensure quality, customer satisfaction, and adherence to university graphic and branding standards.
- Provides art direction as needed for internal and outsourced projects, and makes recommendations for the most effective method for meeting client's objectives.
- Serves as team lead on design projects as assigned.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelors and 3 years experience
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed. Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience.
Notes to Applicant: Please provide a portfolio of relevant work product. If the work provided is not wholly produced by you, please explain your role in producing the concept.