Assistant Professor, Creative & Entertainment Industries
Teaching in the fields of the creative & entertainment industries as well as participating in academic advising, student mentoring, research and scholarly activity, and college and university service.
The applicant should demonstrate a knowledge of the global creative and entertainment industries with a specialty in creativity, marketing and promotion, law, economics or data analysis as well as support a history of research and scholarship.
Teaching undergraduate courses in the Creative &
Entertainment Industries, Entertainment Distribution and Promotion,
Entertainment Industry Economics, Entertainment Law &
Licensing, or Senior Capstone and other special topics courses as
developed or assigned will be required.
Basic functions as required by Provost Office include:
- Complete 24 workload hours, or equivalent, per academic year.
- Advise and mentor students in research and other class-related projects.
- Engage in activities to support the mission and vision of Belmont University and the college in which you teach.
- Participate in departmental and university committee work.
- Engage in scholarly activity and professional development.
- Advise students in course selection and degree completion.
- Participate in a local church and the community.
- Abide by all relevant university and/or department procedures and policies.
- Manage online grading system.
- Timely submission of book orders, if textbooks required.
- Maintain regular office hours.
- The above statements describe the job’s essential responsibilities and requirements. They are not an exhaustive list of the duties that may be assigned to job incumbents.
Required Qualifications:Belmont University
seeks to attract and retain highly qualified faculty and staff that
share the University's values and will contribute to its mission
and vision to be a leader among teaching universities bringing
together the best of liberal arts and professional education in a
Christian community of learning and service.
Work experience within a creative & entertainment industry sector such as television, film, theme parks or video games preferred.
- Knowledge of principles, methods and current developments in
field of study.
- Knowledge of subject matter and course content taught.
- Knowledge of instructional strategies and techniques.
- Demonstrated capacity to engage in high quality scholarly
- Demonstrated ability to advise, instruct, manage, motivate and evaluate students.
- Skilled in the use of computers, Internet resources, and MS Office software.
- Ability to learn relevant sections of BannerWeb, Belmont University’s online integrated database system for student grading.
- Ability to integrate technology into the teaching and learning process.
- Ability to successfully interact with students, other educators and educational institution representatives, and the general public in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of the programs and services offered by Belmont University. Interest and ability to work collaboratively in course design and to teach interdisciplinary and topical courses.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies.
Belmont University seeks to attract and retain active, highly qualified, culturally and academically diverse faculty and staff who share the University's values and will contribute to its mission and vision. A comprehensive, co-educational university located in thriving Nashville, Tennessee, Belmont is home to more than 8,200 students who come from every state and 28 countries, and the University is nationally ranked and consistently recognized as a “Most Innovative” institution by U.S. News & World Report. Committed to being a leader among teaching universities, Belmont brings together the best of liberal arts and professional education in a Christian community of learning and service. The University’s purpose is to help students explore their passions and develop their talents to meet the world’s needs. With more than 100 areas of undergraduate study, 27 master’s programs and five doctoral degrees, there is no limit to the ways Belmont University can expand an individual's horizon.
Required EducationA Master's degree
in a related area is a minimum. A terminal degree is required for
tenure. PhD Preferred.
Required ExperienceDocumented professional experience in a creative or entertainment industry required. Candidates with higher education teaching experience are preferred.
The selected candidate will be required to complete a background check satisfactory to the University.
Belmont University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Nashville
- Communications Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Nashville
- Film & Video Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Nashville
- Media Studies Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Nashville