Vice President of Instructional Services
The Vice President for Instructional Services is responsible for leading and coordinating all functions of the instructional services division, as well as overseeing all faculty, staff and programs in instructional services.
Position reports to the President of the College and oversees Instructional Deans, Faculty, Instructional Services staff, along with Administrative Assistant in Instructional Services.
- A high level of integrity and professionalism that is consistent with the responsibilities associated with this position.
- Master’s degree in related field coupled with a minimum of five years higher education administrative experience.
- Minimum of five years progressively responsible instructional operations experience in an appropriate level management position
- Budgeting/finance experience required to include experience overseeing departmental budgets.
- Minimum of five years experience in assessment and/or strategic planning.
- Commitment to teamwork, process leadership, and consensus decision making. Candidate must be a team player and can work well with others in difficult and stressful situations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in organizing and planning.
- Excellent leadership and managerial skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to the community college mission and philosophy.
- Experience working with regional and program-specific accreditation organizations
- Five years of community college or equivalent teaching experience.
- Master’s degree required; doctorate preferred. Extensive experience coupled with Master’s degree are sufficient.
- Provides comprehensive leadership in all areas of Instructional Services to include strategic planning, forecasting/projections and enrollment management.
- Oversees administration of college instructional programs and instructional support services, distance learning opportunities, community education offerings, adult education programming, dual credit, and correctional center programs.
- Ensures all instructional program offerings provide a comprehensive, high-quality, affordable education that is responsive to the needs of the College district.
- This position will represent Kaskaskia College as Chief Academic Officer and serve as liaison to the Illinois Board of Higher Education other institutions and agencies, and the community.
- Facilitate and oversee program review, provide leadership and oversight of the College accreditation liaison officer, as well as monitor, evaluate, and recommend additions, modifications, and deletions to College programs and oversees development of such programs.
- Oversees coordination of course schedules, academic calendar and assignments in Instructional Services.
- Facilitates effective and constant communications between Instructional Services and other divisions.
- Provides leadership in developing and monitoring the annual budgets for Instructional Services.
- Oversees preparation and issuance of contracts to staff, faculty and outside agencies.
- Facilitates and oversees onboarding processes and new employee orientation for new instructional staff and faculty.
- Provides leadership in the evaluation process for faculty; ensures performance evaluations for faculty, professional staff and selected support staff in instructional services are completed.
- Initiates, develops, and recommends instructional policies, procedures, programs, and staffing.
- Oversees and coordinates program development efforts and partnerships with various outside agencies, program advisory boards and other various institutions.
- Provides leadership in addressing student instructional issues and problems.
- Assists with the planning for College capital goals and developing strategies for implementation of capital campaigns to reach goals.
- Serves as chair of College Curriculum Council and will ensure that all curriculum passed through college curriculum council is submitted, monitored, and implemented upon approval from ICCB/IBHE.
- Responsible for assisting/coordinating/directing College fund raising initiatives and projects and to support the work of the KC Foundation. Participation and supporting fund raising activities is an expectation of this position.
- Participation at College events and activities throughout the year is an expectation of this position. Further College personnel are encouraged, as a member of the KC family, to support the many organizations within the institution serving our students and the District.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of curriculum development, assessment of academic & student achievement, and pedagogy.
- Knowledge of research and information gathering, data analytics, and application of information to assist in data-informed decision-making, and accreditation processes.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects to completion.
- Facilitate organizational development and change with effective collaboration of participants.
- Continuously monitor changes in regulations, policies and technology related to the area of management.
- Innovative mindset and forward thinking, staying current in community college best practices and strategies for transformation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Position is responsible for supervising faculty, professional staff and selected support staff in Instructional Services.
Position is expected to work independently with a minimum amount of supervision. Consultation with President is expected and available as needed.
Position is expected to follow all Kaskaskia College policies and procedures, along with all local, state and federal laws and regulations. Position is also expected to adhere to and promote College core values of compassion, honesty, respect, fairness, and responsibility.
Position has daily contact with College employees, students, community members, and outside organizations.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Work is typically performed in office environment with frequent distractions and interruptions. Position requires a flexible schedule, flexibility in dealing with a variety of issues and ability to travel within and outside of the College District as needed.
Position requires commitment to the Community College philosophy, College Core Values, participatory decision-making, and consensus management.
Performance will be evaluated by the President of the College on at least an annual basis and more often as necessary. The purpose of the evaluation will be for continuous improvement, to note strengths and identify improvements needed.
To apply please visit www.kaskaskia.edu/hr.