Executive Director of the Center for Catholic Education (Kuntz Endowed Chair - Associate Professor
The Center for Catholic Education (CCE) in the School of Education and Health Sciences at the University of Dayton seeks applicants at the associate professor or professor rank for a tenured (12-month) position as the Kuntz Endowed Chair in Educational Administration, and Executive Director of the Center for Catholic Education, beginning August 16, 2021.
The successful candidate will teach, supervise and advise graduate students, conduct scholarly research in Catholic education, administer CCE programming, supervise CCE operations, and promote the national profile for the Center. Primary teaching responsibilities include instruction in educational leadership for Catholic school teachers and administrators for the M.S. in Education and the Ph.D./Ed.D in Educational Leadership.
The University of Dayton is a top-tier Catholic research university with academic offerings from the undergraduate to the doctoral levels. We are a diverse community committed to educating the whole person and linking learning and scholarship with leadership and service. Founded in 1850, we are one of three Marianist universities in the nation and the second-largest private university in Ohio. The Center for Catholic Education at the University of Dayton — founded in 1996 — promotes, researches, enhances, energizes and supports Catholic schools. We are a nationally recognized leader in scholarship and programming for Catholic schools, and we provide educators with programs and services that enhance the Church's mission and foster excellence in Catholic schools. We seek an inspiring and energetic leader to advance the CCE into national prominence with strong grants, fundraising, relational, and spiritual foundations.
• An earned Ph.D. or Ed.D. in educational leadership or related
• Experience in strategic administrative roles
• Experience working in spiritual/religious education research
• Experience with Catholic schools
• Ability to build relationships on and off campus
• Ability to articulate and embody the Marianist character of the university
• Effective written communication skills
• Demonstrated support of diversity, equity and inclusion efforts
In addition to the above qualifications for appointment at the rank of associate professor, appointment at the rank of professor requires a record of teaching, research and service commensurate with the criteria for the rank of professor in the School of Education and Health Sciences at the University of Dayton.
To review the full position description and complete an online application, please visit:
The University of Dayton is a top tier, Catholic research university with offerings from the undergraduate to the doctoral levels. Founded in 1850 by the Society of Mary, the University is a diverse community committed to advancing the common good through intellectual curiosity, academic rigor, community engagement and local, national and global partnerships. Guided by the Marianist educational philosophy, we educate the whole person and link learning and scholarship with leadership and service.
Informed by its Catholic and Marianist mission, the University is committed to the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Informed by this commitment, we seek to increase diversity, achieve equitable outcomes, and model inclusion across our campus community. As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, we will not discriminate against minorities, women, protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, or on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Dayton
- Education Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Dayton
- Education Administration & Leadership Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Dayton
- Humanities Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Dayton
- Religion Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Dayton