Assistant Professor of Athletic Training/Exercise Science
- Primary instruction will be within our athletic training program. Applicant will also be responsible for instruction within the exercise and rehabilitative sciences curriculum. The incumbent would be expected to teach courses that would include, but are not limited to courses in content areas specific to CAATE accredited athletic training programs. Exercise and rehabilitative sciences content may include core courses such as Strength and Conditioning, Foundations of Exercise Science and Anatomical Kinesiology.
- Contribute to a program of scholarship within the discipline, student advising, and service to the University and community.
- Engage in scholarly research or creative achievement to enhance knowledge of field.
- Provide evidence of continuing preparation and study in the field to enhance teaching abilities.
- Contribute to student learning and development.
- Support Winona State University's mission to enhance the intellectual, social, cultural and economic vitality of the people and communities we serve by providing assistance and service to the program, department, college, University and greater community. Serve on department, college, university and community committees.
- Instruct courses on the Winona campus via various mediums including face-to-face, online, hybrid, teleconference at varied times, including morning, afternoon, evening and weekends (including summer).
- Assist with programmatic accreditation through CAATE.
- Earned doctorate in Athletic Training or related field by August 2022
- BOC Certification
- Current or eligible for registration as an ATC with the MN Board of Medical Practice
- Demonstrated commitment to quality teaching in Athletic Training and Exercise Science courses at the university level (ie., Foundations of Exercise Science, Anatomical Kinesiology, etc)
- Advanced certification in areas related to athletic training (ie., CSCS Certification, etc.)
- Experience teaching Athletic Training content specifically related to the current Athletic Training Educational Standards
- Experience with patient education, community education, or other group presentations/education
- 3 years of clinical, high school or university athletic training experience
- Experience as a Preceptor in a CAATE Athletic Training Program
- Experience in advanced instruction technologies and clinical practice applications
- Experience implementing evidence based practice research projects relating to Athletic Training and/or Exercise Science
- Skills/ability to design, integrate and enhance technology in learning, online teaching, hybrid, blended courses.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Goodview
- Health & Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Goodview
- Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology & Physical Education Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Goodview