DIRECTOR SECURITY FULL-TIME
KENNEDY KING COLLEGE
The Director of security ensures an atmosphere conducive to learning by planning, organizing and directing the activities involved in the preservation of the safety and security of a Kennedy King College and Dawson Technical Institution.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Investigates complaints and solves crimes. Develops procedures to minimize losses and stop crimes. Informs students, faculty and staff of college rules and regulations regarding safety, property control, parking regulations, emergency response procedures, and building access.
- Reviews all incident reports, initiates the required follow-up actions, and forwards all required reports to management.
- Serves as the liaison to the Chicago Police Department to facilitate investigations needing further action.
- Responsible for the security and safety of all persons utilizing the institution’s facilities. Implements, enforces, and adheres to security policies and procedures for the district and the college. Oversees property of the college is protected and reduces the risk of liability to the college.
- May use only necessary force to arrest offenders only if he/she is also an off-duty sworn officer and have evidence that a crime has been committed, or detains offenders until Chicago Police arrive when not a sworn officer. The general rule for application of force is that only necessary force may be used. When force is applied by an individual (for example, to protect life, or property), the amount of force permissible is, likewise, only that which is reasonable and necessary under the circumstances.
- Oversees recruitment, hiring, evaluation, discipline and discharge of personnel within the Security Department.
- Plans for adequate staffing and ensures that an appropriate pool of human resources is available to meet safety and security needs.
- Directs and supervises security staff. Provides resources for staff to accomplish the goals and objectives. Advises staff in areas of improvement. Regularly evaluates all security staff and provides constructive feedback on their work.
- Plans and conducts staff meetings and training activities for department staff to keep staff informed and to improve security operations. Conducts regular meetings and advises staff on activities and/or changes within the District.
- Appears in court hearings related to campus incidents when he/she has signed a complaint, is required as a witness, or is served with a subpoena.
- Represents the college at district-wide meetings.
- Verifies all time and attendance records for security staff.
- Adheres to CCC Customer Service Excellence standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Direct Supervision: Assistant Director, Security: Lead Security Officer: Security Officer: Security Assistants
Security Office Staff Indirect Supervision
- Bachelor's Art. degree in related field plus 6 years law enforcement experience with 4 years supervisory experience. Knowledge of all relevant state statutes and local ordinances.
- Physical ability to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Must be able to handle all situations with tact, persuasiveness, and diplomacy.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written forms.
- Working knowledge of personal computers and the applicable software required.
- Good decision making skills and the ability to exhibit firmness with understanding when dealing with students and staff.
- Excellent employment record.
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employment within six (6) months of hire
City Colleges is an affirmative action equal opprotunity employer
Thank you for you interest in CCC
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Safety & Security Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago