Dental Education, Associate/Assistant Professor (AA22008)
Dental Education, Associate/Assistant Professor (AA22008)
Division: Academic Affairs
Department: Allied Health & Nursing, College of
Unit: Dental Education209, IFO
Employment Condition: Probationary
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Priority consideration given to applications received prior to February 1, 2021.
POSITION: Tenure-Track (Probationary*)
Salary Type: Depends on qualifications
Bargaining Unit/Plan: 209, IFO
The Department of Dental Education at Minnesota State University, Mankato is accepting applications for a 9-month probationary tenure-track postion with summer session appointment in the Master of Science Advanced Dental Therapy program.
- A typical faculty workload responsibility may include up to twenty four (24) credits of instruction per academic year.
- The successful candidate may need to teach in other areas as assigned and qualified.
- May be expected to develop and deliver face-to-face, hybrid, and on-line instruction at the Mankato campus, online, and/or at the university's additional locations, as assigned.
- The successful candidate will collaborate with colleagues in curriculum design, instruction and evaluation, conduct research productively and mentor students in research, help create innovative strategies for student recruitment, retention, and completion, and may be expected to develop external grant funding opportunities.
- All faculty members are expected to engage in scholarly or creative activity or research, in continuing preparation and study, incontributing to student growth and development, and in providing service to the university and community (See Article 22 and Appendix G of the IFO Master Agreement)
- This position will supervise/advise graduate studies.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching graduate courses in the Advanced Dental Therapy program.
- Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS), Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD), Master of Science in Advanced Dental Therapy, or equivalent degree.
- Ability to be licensed in Minnesota in dentistry or advanced dental therapy by August 16, 2021.
- Ability to be certified in CPR by August 16, 2021. Certification must occur through the American Red Cross or American Heart Association.
- Experience in teaching dental or dental therapy education, continuing education, guest lectures, public health, and/or staff development.
- Minimum of two years clinical practice experience.
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse working and learning environment.
- Demonstrated effective written, oral communication and/or presentation skills.
- Demonstrated preparation to teach, advise, and support a wide variety of students.
- Demonstrated ability to use technology, develop, and deliver hybrid and online courses.
- Demonstrated ability to work with faculty and staff in a collegial and cooperative manner.
- Demonstrated commitment to department activities and university services such as curriculum committee and other matters.
- Demonstrated willingness to work individually and collaboratively as a member of a team.
- Documented direct clinical practice experience within the past two years.
- Demonstrated clear understanding of the role and scope of practice of the dental therapist/advanced dental therapist in providing dental care.
Work safely at all times, which includes but is not limited to, participating and completing all required safety trainings, as well as performing all job tasks in accordance with Minnesota State University, Mankato policies and procedures utilizing appropriate tools, equipment and personal protective equipment.
The Department of Dental Education is located in a state-of-the-art facility, and is housed in the College of Allied Health and Nursing. For more information about the Department of Dental Education, please visit our website: https://ahn.mnsu.edu/academic-programs/dental-education.:
Founded as a Normal School in 1868, Minnesota State University, Mankato is a regional comprehensive university with a tradition of combining big-ideas with real-working thinking to find solutions for pressing problems in the state, region, and global society. Mankato, Minnesota, is a community of nearly 53,000 people, about 85 miles southwest of the twin cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul.
Serving ~18,000 students annually, the University is an applied research institution, with >200 academic programs, from bachelor’s through doctoral degrees. The University is a diverse and global campus with 18+% students of color and 1,300+ international students from 95 countries, cutting-edge information technology solutions, 3 additional locations, and extensive partnerships. With ~1,700 faculty and staff, the University has an annual budget of $216 million, and generates $781.5 million in economic impact per year. Minnesota State University, Mankato is a member of the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities. Noteworthy facts include: specialized accreditation, certification, or recognition, by more than 24 accrediting bodies; designation as a Non-Land Grant College of Agriculture, by the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) in 2015; selection among the top 10% of American Association of State Colleges & Universities (AASCU) institutions for the Re-imagining the First Year of College (RFY) position project; and an Intercollegiate Athletics program that has ranked in the top 5 nationally within the Learfeld Sports Directors’ Cup standings for 7 of the last 10 years.
We seek to attract teaching and research-active, culturally and academically diverse faculty members, with a demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. Minnesota State University, Mankato, is student-centered and focuses on applied research that expands knowledge; improves learning; and serves the region, state, and nation. Additional information on Minnesota State University, Mankato can be found at: www.mnsu.edu
To apply for this position, please continue the process via this website: http://www.mnsu.edu/hr/vacancy/
A complete online application will include the following attachments. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed by the search committee.
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Contact Information for three (3) references
- Unofficial Transcript(s) of your highest completed degree
- A brief (no more than one-page) diversity statement presenting a commitment to or experience working in an equity-minded environment
- Evidence of license/certification required for the position.
Brigette Cooper/Professor and Department Chair
TTY: 800-627-3529 or 711
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found at: http://www.mnsu.edu/hr/bargaining.html
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MN State’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
The Minnesota State University, Mankato Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available for your review. This report is required by federal law and contains policy statements and crime statistics for the University. The policy statements address the school’s policies, procedures and programs concerning safety and security. Three years’ worth of statistics are included for certain types of crimes that were reported to have occurred on-campus, or in other University affiliated locations. This report is available online at: http://www.mnsu.edu/safety/ You may also request a paper copy from University Security at 507-389-2111, or by emailing email@example.com
The following link provides a brief overview of benefits available to eligible employees of Minnesota State University.
Select the IFO Summary (Faculty) link from the list for specifics of that plan.
Posting Number: M080M
Number of Vacancies: 1
Desired Start Date: 08/16/2021
Position End Date (if temporary):
Open Date: 01/11/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions Summary:
To apply, visit https://minnesotastate.peopleadmin.com/postings/1765
Minnesota State University, Mankato has a long-standing commitment to diversity and is actively seeking to nurture and enrich its underrepresented communities. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. In accordance with USCIS regulations, successful applicants must be legally able to accept work in the United States. Requests for reasonable accommodation of a disability during the application and/or interview process should be made to the Office of Human Resources, 507-389-2015 (V), 800-627-3529 or 711 (MRS/TTY). This Vacancy Notice is available in alternative format upon request. Minnesota State University, Mankato is an affirmative action/equal opportunity University and is a member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System.