HIMT Director and Assistant Professor/Lecturer
UW System Title: Assistant Professor or Lecturer Essential Job Functions
The University of Wisconsin-Green Bay (UWGB) is a partner in the University of Wisconsin-Extended Campus (UWEX) online Health Information Management and Technology (HIMT) Bachelor’s degree program with three other campuses (UW-LaCrosse, UW-Parkside, and UW-Stevens Point). This degree is an online Bachelor of Science degree. UWEX supports program national marketing, instructional design, recruitment, information technology, media, and a portion of student services: UWGB supports academic affairs (e.g., curriculum, academic policies), student progression and student services, local marketing, and program oversight and accreditation.
The HIMT Program Director will work closely with the Nursing and Health Studies (NHS) Chair and the UW Extended Campus HIMT Program Manager in the development of local marketing, recruitment, student services, and online courses that deliver curriculum and services consistent with the collaboration/authorization agreement. The UWGB HIMT Program Director will be responsible for administration and continuous review of the UWGB HIMT program as well as compliance with accreditation requirements. Teaching in the HIMT program is a significant part of the position. If the position is hired as a Lecturer, this position will also work closely with the UWGB Academic Director for HIMT.
This position includes the following responsibilities:
- Preparation and teaching courses each semester in Health Information Management and Technology program or related programs
- Re-designing courses and developing new courses when appropriate
- Participation in professional development related to the advancement of teaching and learning
- Providing student support and advising
- Serve as the HIMT Program Director with administrative oversight of program (e.g., coordinating admission to the major, submitting HIMT program course timetable)
- Advising of prospective and enrolled HIMT students
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with CAHIIM standards and meeting accreditation requirements
- Attendance at and coordination of local student recruitment events
- Accreditation and University required report writing and preparation
- Participating in University program assessment initiatives
- Attendance and participation in monthly HIMT director meetings
- Engaging in service activities and committees at the department, college, and university levels
- Engaging in professional development and community service related to one’s profession
If hired as an Assistant Professor, the following will be additional duties:
- Perform scholarly activities consistent with rank
- Serve as the HIMT Academic Director reporting to the NHS Chair and UWEX
Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
The successful candidate will be expected to work inclusively and respectfully within a diverse campus community and practice civility in the workplace. The University welcomes applicants who are dedicated to the appreciation and promotion of inclusivity and equity as crucial components in the pursuit of organizational excellence.
In addition, the successful candidate will be expected to display a demonstrated potential for excellence in teaching and scholarship and a commitment to undergraduate education. The candidate should also possess communication and interpersonal skills sufficient to work effectively with a diverse array of students and colleagues.
- Certification as a Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA).
- Two years professional experience working in the field of health information or heath technology
- Able to use an array of technology tools including databases, Microsoft Office suite, and social networking
If hired as an Assistant Professor, earned doctorate in Informatics, Business, or closely related field from an accredited institution. ABD candidates will be considered; however, an earned doctorate in Informatics, Business, or a closely related field from an accredited institution is a necessary condition for contract renewal. ABD candidates will be hired into a terminal appointment at the rank of Instructor with a rate determined at the time of hire. Upon degree conferral during the terminal period, the contracted appointment with the rank of Assistant Professor will be reinstated.
If hired as a Lecturer, a Master’s degree in HIMT, Business, or related field is required.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- HIMT-related teaching experience in an online environment
- Experience working with higher educational institutions
- Demonstrated understanding of the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM) accreditation processes and American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) certification requirements
Position is a full time, 9-month with a part-time summer service requirement.
If hired as an Assistant Professor this position will be a tenure-track faculty appointment. Applicants must be considered for tenure and promotion in six years, although tenure decisions may be at any time. Promotion from Assistant to Associate Professor is simultaneous with tenure. Excellence in teaching, sustained scholarly activity and institutional service required for retention and promotion. Official transcripts of the highest degree achieved will be required of finalist(s).
If hired as a Lecturer, this position will be an instructional Academic Staff appointment. Official transcripts of the highest degree achieved will be required of finalist(s).
A criminal conviction investigation will be conducted on the finalist(s). In compliance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act, the university does not discriminate on the basis of arrest or conviction record.
All final candidates must be asked, prior to hire, whether they have been found to have engaged in, are currently under investigation for, or left employment during an active investigation in which they were accused of sexual violence or sexual harassment. When obtaining employment reference checks, these same sexual violence or sexual harassment questions must also be asked.
The University of Wisconsin-Green Bay does not offer H-1B or other work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact Human Resources.Salary Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The UW System provides an excellent benefits package, including participation in the Wisconsin State Retirement System.
- Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
Please go to the full job posting at https://www.uwgb.edu/human-resources/employment/career-opportunities/himt-director-and-assistant-professor-lecturer/ and select the applicable application link.
Select the job title for which you are applying. Click the "Apply for Job" button. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password” and select "Sign In." If you have not yet registered, click on "Register Now" to begin the registration process.
Please be sure to complete all required fields, and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. Please include the following documents:
- Cover letter specifically addressing qualifications for the essential job functions
- Curriculum Vitae
- Names and contact information for three references
- Unofficial transcripts of the highest degree achieved
If you have any questions, need accommodations, or submitted your application with missing materials, call or email:
Phone: (920) 465-2826
To ensure consideration, please submit application materials by Monday, March 1, 2021.
Note: The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis.Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
For more information regarding the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay and the surrounding area, see our Campus and Community section. For Campus Safety information see our University Police website and our Annual Security Report (for a paper copy please contact the Office of Human Resources at (920) 465-2390). This report includes statistics about reported crimes, as well as information about crime prevention and campus security policies and procedures.
The University of Wisconsin-Green Bay is an Affirmative Action Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to achieving a diverse workforce and to maintaining a community which welcomes and values a climate supporting equal opportunity and difference among its members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, genetic information, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran or military status (including disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, other protected veteran, or Armed Forces service medal veteran status), age, or disability.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bellevue
- Health & Medicine Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bellevue
- Other Health & Medicine Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bellevue
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bellevue
- Computer Sciences & Technology Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bellevue