Vice President for Finance & Administration
Mercer County Community College is seeking a dynamic leader who embraces the College’s mission and our strategic goals of student success, innovative partnerships and organizational effectiveness. Reporting directly to the President, and serving as Chief Finance Officer of the College, the Vice President for Finance & Administration plans, directs and manages all financial, facility and safety functions. S/he is accountable for maintaining the financial integrity of the College, establishing and enhancing internal control processes, and providing strategic and operational leadership in managing the College’s financial, facility and safety operations. Specific responsibilities include: 1) long-range financial planning and budget development; 2) management of fiscal and facility resources; 3) asset protection and risk management; 4) supervision of purchasing and contracted services and payroll\; 5) compliance with all federal, state and county laws and institutional regulations, policies and procedures. The Vice President serves on the President’s Leadership Team (PLT).
Strategically, the Vice President for Finance &
Administration is expected:
• To collaborate with the administration and the Board of Trustees to develop a Division Strategic Plan that will enable the college to advance our strategic goals;
• To assess and recommend appropriate changes in the departmental organizational structure, job content, and workflow to ensure the highest level of services to the college community;
• To develop, maintain and monitor metrics, scorecards, surveys, standards, and procedures for delivering effective services to ensure alignment with the college’s needs;
• To foster and maintain a culture of service and accountability in all departments under the division of Finance & Administration;
• To continuously seek input and feedback from the Board of Trustees, administration, faculty and staff with an emphasis on service.
• Oversees all functions including, but not limited to, Finance & Accounting, Payroll, Facilities, and Security.
• Serves as a resource to the President and Board of Trustees to ensure the College’s overall financial health & adequate internal controls.
• Provides leadership for college-wide financial planning aligning budgets with the established institutional strategic goals, and assessing effectiveness of institutional resource distribution.
• Develops annual budget by working with all departments.
• Oversees and directs all budgeting, forecasting, audit, accounting, purchasing, real estate and insurance activities of the college.
• Ensures the finance office procedures and systems, maintains records to support all necessary accounting controls, reports and services, and properly manages the custody of funds, investments, and other assets of the college.
• Advises the President in regard to financial and insurance matters and other matters as assigned.
• Monitors general economic, business, and financial conditions and their impact on the college’s policies and operations.
• Analyzes operational issues affecting particular organizational units and/or the entire college, and determines their financial impact.
• Evaluates and recommends appropriate policies and procedures to ensure the financial health of the College.
• Regularly updates the President on the college’s financial position and outlook.
• Play a key role in contract negotiations.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Princeton Junction
- Academic Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Princeton Junction
- Chief Academic Officers & Vice Presidents Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Princeton Junction