Senior Vice President for Major Gifts
Responsibilities: The Senior Vice-President for Major Gifts, leads the development effort under the direction of the President and CEO of the NSU Foundation and in close connection with the NSU Director of Athletics.
As one of the major gift officers for the NSU Foundation, the VP is responsible for managing principal and leadership level fundraising activities to raise private support and provide leadership for the NSU Foundation. The VP may also perform other duties as needed.
Expectation of Workload:
- Develop and grow donor base of alumni and friends with a focus on those capable of giving $10,000 or more.
- Work with the President/CEO to design a major gift strategy aimed at increasing the overall dollars raised in the year-over-year.
- Build and manage a fundraising portfolio of 100-150 donors and
prospective donors with a focus on those capable of six-figure or
- Initiate contact and meet with existing and potential donors.
- Develop and implement engagement and cultivation strategies for prospects.
- Create and execute a plan for each donor in the portfolio so that Individuals and institutional funders are retained and upgraded.
- Plan and attend events strategically designed to cultivate new prospective donors or steward existing donors.
- Work with Prospect Research to identify, research and qualify prospective major gift donors.
- Utilize the NSUF database to maintain accurate records of all donor interactions, individuals’ programmatic interests, trends in giving and strategies for donor engagement and solicitation.
- Other tasks and duties reasonably related to the job responsibilities.
Bachelor's degree, masters preferred. Minimum of five years of full-time progressive, professional experience in fund raising/development with a proven record of success in identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding special or major gifts, preferably in a university/higher education environment.
Send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org