Program Director DOL FLEXtech Grant and Employer Outreach
Program Director DOL FLEXtech Grant and Employer Outreach
9700 Wade Blvd, Frisco Campus
Frisco, Texas, 75035
We are searching for an experiencedProgram Director DOL FLEXtech Grant and Employer Outreach.
The grant director for the Department of Labor (DOL) FLEXtech sub-award, is co-director for the overall grant and responsible for employer recruitment and student apprentice placement. This position will work closely with Columbus State Community College (CSCC) grant leadership and staff (the primary grantee), the DOL, Collin College DOL FLEXtech grant staff and other stakeholders to accomplish the goals and objectives of the DOL FLEXtech grant, in compliance with DOL rules.
**This position is 100% grant-funded. Therefore, continuation of the position will be contingent upon continued external funding.**
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise Collin College grant staff associated with the DOL FLEXtech grant and collaborate with CSCC grant leadership and staff.
- Lead implementation of the apprenticeship program at Collin College described in the DOL FLEXtech grant ensuring completion of activities that accomplish the goals, outcomes, and timeline of the grant sub-award, in compliance with DOL rules.
- Perform recruitment and engagement of both employers to hire the apprentices and the students who will become the apprentices to achieve the goals and
- outcomes listed in the grant sub-award. Partner with other stakeholders on campus to engage opportunities for employers and students.
- Manage all project activities and prepare accurate reports on project status, project planning, and impact reporting on a monthly, quarterly, annual and ad hoc basis, including the Quarterly Narrative Report (QNR) and the Participant Individual Record Layout (PIRL) reports required quarterly by CSCC for submission to DOL.
- Oversee and assist with all data collection to support sub-award grant reporting, ensuring accuracy, security, and completeness of the data.
- In collaboration with the Collin College manager of grant accounting ensure that monthly reporting on budget variance and projections are accurate and expenditures adhere to the approved sub-award budget.
- Work with the career coach to coordinate all educational programs, workshops, meetings, symposiums, and other activities as outlined in the sub-award and any new activities needed to achieve the goals and objectives.
- All work to be accomplished in collaboration with the CSCC Post-award grant manager and Collin College staff and administrators, leading IT and Cybersecurity programs in credit, continuing education, and the Corporate College.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
Bachelor's degree from a regional accredited institution required. Master’s degree desired. One (1) year of strong experience in industry outreach and project management. One (1) year of experience working on Department of Labor grants. Two (2) years of supervisory experience.
At least two (2) years' experience working in a career and technical area (preferably at a community college) and familiarity with information technology careers and preparation requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of team management in a local, regional, and national setting
- Knowledge of project management principles; employer panels/events experience
- Strong presentation and communication skills (in-person, online, email, phone)
- Computer skills with strong knowledge of Microsoft Office software/applications
- Team management skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with individuals and teams both face-to-face and virtually to accomplish grant goals
- Ability to work independently, set schedules, and meet deadlines
- Ability to think critically and solve problems with strong emphasis on customer service
- Ability to apply all skills/knowledge in accomplishing the goals of the grant
- Ability to represent Collin College in employer and industry cold-calls and introductory meetings
- Ability to outreach, establish and foster long-term employer relationships that result in employers hiring apprentices on a recurring basis for future partnership with employers
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force frequently, and/or constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. Positions in this class typically require talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Full-time Staff
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $57,297.00 - 65,892.00
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Grants & Contracts Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney