Branch Manager, Senior Librarian
Branch Manager, Senior Librarian
2505 Kinship PKWY
Celina, Texas, 75009
We are searching for an experienced Branch Manager, Senior Librarian .
Plan, direct, coordinate and supervise the work of a Branch Library; staff advisory responsibility for the development and coordination of library service programs and collections; train, supervise, and evaluate staff assigned to work within the branch or unit; assist in the development and implementation of Library policies, procedures and service delivery programs within the branch; and perform related duties as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and direct the day-to-day operation of a branch library within the district library system; select and evaluate staff; supervises professional, paraprofessional, and/or clerical staff responsible for public or system supported services; interpret and apply library policies and procedures.
- Resolve issues and problems including matters concerning personnel interactions, individual performance, customer services, and work flow.
- Develop and assign long-term schedules and short-term scheduling of all staff to ensure accomplishment of ongoing and long-term projects and to provide quality public service.
- Assess campus needs for staffing, materials, furnishings and equipment; submit budget requests to meet public or support services objectives.
- Ensure all branch acquisitions are processed via Technical Services, responsible for ensuring all materials are prepared for intra library services, collection development and selection; develop training programs/workshops for faculty instruction and student library services.
- Supervise circulation of all materials, policies, procedures and programs
- Explain and assist in the use of reference sources, books, periodical indexes, Internet and online databases to locate information. Demonstrate the procedures for searching library catalog. Assist students, faculty and staff in finding scholarly sources for research.
- Schedule and provide library instruction and orientation through class presentations, workshops and web-based instruction.
- Serve as liaison between the library and teaching faculty on matters of curriculum support through collection development and bibliographic instruction. Assist teaching faculty in the design of library assignments.
- Select and develop collection of reference and circulating materials, including books, periodicals, DVDs, software, CDs, eBooks and other electronic materials in support of curriculum. Develop online library collections.
- Collect and maintain records and statistical data needed for evaluation of services, as well as for accreditation, state and federal reports.
- Ensure appropriate safety training and compliance with all health and safety rules and processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties and maintains all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
Master's degree in library science or library and information science from a regionally accredited American Library Association institution and eight (8) years of library reference or related work experience in an academic, public, private or special library.
One (1) year of supervisory experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of reference in emerging technologies
- Knowledge of trends in library services
- Knowledge of online databases and integrated library systems
- Knowledge of liaison faculty's subject area
- Knowledge of library collection
- Knowledge of College policies and procedures
- Knowledge of ALA standards for reference services
- Knowledge of circulation policies, procedures and programs
- Computer and applicable software skills
- Customer service skills
- Instructional skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Troubleshooting skills
- Problem solving skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Public speaking skills
- Establish courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently
- Problem solve and analyze
- Demonstrate a willingness to commit to one’s work and to invest one’s time, talent, and best efforts in accomplishing organizational goals
- Make decisions, exercise judgment, and set priorities
- Generate innovative solutions in work situations; trying different and novel ways to find opportunities
- Keep the organization’s vision and values at the forefront of decision making and action
- Exercise interpersonal sensitivity while working effectively with individuals of diverse cultures, interpersonal styles, abilities, motivations, or backgrounds
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Make presentations to the faculty and students on library services and materials Demonstrate effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Medium Work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly having to move objects. Positions in this class typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching, climbing and balancing, plus pushing, pulling and lifting. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Occasional physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Full-time Staff
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $63,027.00 - 72,481.00
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or email@example.com .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Library & Information Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney