Associate General Counsel
Quinnipiac University invites applications for an exciting new opportunity as the Associate General Counsel. Reporting directly to the General Counsel, the Associate General Counsel will advise on a variety of matters for the University, including representing and advising on a diversified portfolio of legal matters including strategic transactions, contract review and drafting and intellectual property. In addition to providing counsel to schools, and business units, the successful candidate will help ensure compliance with applicable employment, student, and other regulatory requirements, including by developing policies and advising or participating on cross-functional committees and task forces.About Quinnipiac: Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report’s America’s “Best Colleges” issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review’s “The Best 380 Colleges.” Quinnipiac has been named a “Great College to Work For” as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. For more information, please visit www.qu.edu. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the University’s commitment to preparing graduates for 21st century careers and citizenship, creating an inclusive, excellence-driven community, nurturing and positively impacting internal, local and global communities and fostering lifelong connections and success. The University believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The University’s innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities. Responsibilities:
- Interpreting commercial contract requirements based on information provided by university leadership
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating a variety of contracts and other legal agreements
- Advising on and assisting in the structuring of transactions, drafting, and negotiating necessary agreements, and performing due diligence activities
- Assisting Quinnipiac University in protecting its intellectual property assets
- Proactively counselling university leadership and business units/departments on day-to-day operations and helping manage risk by providing practical legal and business-oriented solutions to complex issues
- Knowledgeable on compliance/enterprise risk management issues
- Conducting legal research, as needed
- Building close cross-functional relationships throughout Quinnipiac and obtaining and maintaining a solid knowledge of products, services, and business objectives
- Representing and encouraging a culture focused on integrity, respect, and inclusion
- Collaborating with colleagues throughout the organization on strategic initiatives/projects
- JD from accredited law school
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac’s commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.