Network Engineer II
Job Summary/Basic Function
Support and maintain campus wired and wireless data networks within established guidelines as determined by Information Technology. Primary responsibility is support of wired and wireless network equipment and installations in all buildings across campus including the continual development of understandable documentation. Must be able to quickly and accurately troubleshoot and resolve malfunctions that could adversely affect campus, classroom, or studio demonstration or use. Position requires substantial networking expertise. General responsibilities include survey and determination of related network needs, repair and maintenance of equipment, proper care of equipment, proper installation of equipment, facilities management, and safety management and monitoring for all who use campus facilities and equipment.
- Five years hands-on experience in enterprise network management and support of Cisco network communications infrastructure; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Current CCNA certification.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with: TCP /IP; IP addressing and naming schemes, DHCP, DNS and network security.
- Demonstrated understanding of various network media and technologies; network switches and routers; routing protocols; multi-layer network troubleshooting; network management protocols and tools; and network analyzers.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and excellent problem solving skills.
- Experience in: enterprise network planning, installation and configuration.
- Ability to work independently and in coordination with others.
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal communication skills.
- Systematic, technically curious, & self-motivated.
- Customer service experience.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Demonstrated evidence of commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Successful interview and 3 successful background clearances.
- Bachelor’s degree and 4 years hands-on.
- Current CCNP certification or higher.
- Experience in: Wireless (Cisco ISE and Prime Infrastructure).
- Experience in: Firewall configuration and management, IDS, IPS .
- Server configuration and support.
Special Instructions to Applicants
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville
- Technology Administration/Other Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville
- Chief Technology & Information Officers Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville