Lead Athletic Facilities Assistant
Job Code/Title 80701 - H - Trades Technician FM 1 Position Number H79031 Working Title Lead Athletic Facilities Assistant Department Athletics Office Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range Commensurate with experience Campus Monroe Park Campus Position Type Hourly Hours/Week Varies Normal work days Varies Normal work hours Varies Job Category Trades/ Housekeeping and Operations Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? No Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Description of the Job
The Lead Facilities Assistant for Athletics will help fulfill the VCU Athletics Mission Statement by assisting the facilities and events department. The Lead Assistant will be able to gain facility and event management knowledge while experiencing the excitement of NCAA Division I athletics. This position will assist during athletic and non-athletic events, set ups and break downs and after hours coverage of facilities. Lead Assistants should be familiar with facility policies and procedures and risk management practices.
Quantity of work hours each week is dependent upon the Athletic and special event schedule. Reporting to the Assistant Director for Facilities and Event Management, this position will need to be able to have a flexible schedule, have a positive attitude toward their job and clients, and be willing to learn and adapt to new situations.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Attend yearly orientations and sign a confirmation of read policies and procedures
- Assist and manage daily and game day management for intercollegiate athletic competitions, special events, weekly meetings, fairs, concerts, etc.
- Secure athletic facilities during after normal hours of Monday through Sunday
- Assist in set ups, breakdowns and turnovers during unusual work hours
- Event set up must be completed in a timely fashion, they may need to be completed in a short period of time
- Oversee visiting team practices, walk-throughs and shoot-arounds while maintaining facility policies
- Complete facility walk-throughs and keep track of maintenance projects
- Other duties as assigned
- Have an interest in athletics, facilities, and/or event management
- Be reliable, punctual and have good communication skills
- Self-motivated, yet able to work in a team environment
- Be willing to work in all weather conditions
- Aware of risk management practices
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs. and stand for long periods of time, use stairways, and ladders
Preferred Qualifications Job Open Date 01/06/2021 Remove from posting on or before Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicants Additional Information
Hours will vary but may include week days, week nights, and weekends, holidays, and breaks. Lead Assistants will work no more than an average of 29 hours/week.
Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/102591 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Management Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Management Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond