Assistant / Associate / Full Professor
Employees hired into Administrative and Professional positions posted on or after July 1, 2017, will be governed by and, if employed on July 1, 2018 will move into the new University Human Resources System. For additional information, go to http://greatplace.vcu.edu.
Position Number F67150 Position Type Teaching and Research Faculty Rank Open Working Title Assistant / Associate / Full Professor School/Unit College of Health Professions Department Health Administration Number of Months 12 Tenure Status Tenure Eligible Grant funded position? No
Mission or Goal of Unit
Virginia Commonwealth University seeks to create a work environment and organizational culture that reflect the diverse society and community in which it is located and a climate for the success of every employee by appreciating the uniqueness that each one brings to the workplace.
The mission of the Department of Health Administration is to create the most innovative, compassionate, and business-savvy leaders to reimagine healthcare. Building on our remarkable environment, our extraordinary networks, and our legacy of excellence, we provide the knowledge, skills, and connections for tomorrow’s healthcare leaders through our innovative and business-focused approach.
Chief purpose of this position in support of above mission or goal
Based in Richmond, Virginia, the Department of Health Administration has a strong, 70-year legacy and is a premiere Department geared toward creating the most innovative, compassionate, and business-savvy leaders to reimagine healthcare. With the rapid evolution of healthcare, the Department’s curriculum must anticipate the future and provide the proper experiences for the next generation of healthcare leaders.
The Department of Health Administration in the College of Health Professions is seeking a colleague to lead and collaborate in research and scholarship, participate in service to the department and the university, and contribute to leadership in the profession. Dependent upon on qualifications and department need at the time of hire, this position is eligible to be a 9-month or a 12-month faculty position.
The faculty member may have teaching responsibilities in the areas of financial management, operations management, data analytics, health economics, health care systems, health policy, organizational theory, research methods, health equity, management of health care organizations, or corporate strategy. Teaching responsibilities also include mentoring doctoral students.
Faculty member must establish a nationally recognized research program with a record of publication in refereed journals and external funding. They are expected to develop interdisciplinary collaborations to enhance health services research at VCU .
Faculty member will serve on the departmental, College, and/or University committees as necessary, as well as in a professional capacity in their field (e.g., reviewer, conference organizer, etc.).
- A terminal degree in a job-related field, such as health services research, financial management, health analytics, organization and management theory, organizational behavior, health economics, or political science.
- Junior faculty members will be required to have an established research agenda and a clear potential for external funding, and potential for scholarship or creative expression to complement and expand existing expertise in the department.
- Senior faculty members will be required to have a well-developed scholarly/research portfolio with evidence of multi-disciplinary applications and external funding appropriate to complement and expand existing expertise in the department.
- Experience or high potential for effectively and inclusively educating and mentoring students from under-represented minority and/or historically marginalized communities.
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU .
- Teaching experience at the graduate level.
- Record of external funding.
- Ability to teach financial management, health analytics, organizational theory, management of health care organizations, health economics, health equity, or applied health research methods.
Date Posted 01/11/2021 Open Until Filled Yes Application Deadline Date 02/08/2021 Proposed Hire Date 07/01/2021 Type of Search National Application Process/Additional Information
As a preeminent national, urban, public research university and academic health center, Virginia Commonwealth University is committed to organizational diversity, equity and inclusion – an environment where all can thrive in their pursuit of excellence.
Applicants are requested to submit a Statement of Contributions to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (typically between 150-300 words) providing your career aspirations and contributions toward promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion. Through this statement, you can share how your lived experiences; and past, present, and future academic and professional activities have or will contribute to VCU’s mission of promoting equity and inclusion.
Note: Examples include working with others to further the goals of equity and inclusion; leading in any capacity that tangibly promotes an environment where diversity is welcomed, fostered, and celebrated; creative activity, research and scholarship that promotes equity and parity; teaching and mentoring students, and/or engaging with faculty and/or staff from traditionally underrepresented groups to create a positive and successful organizational experience.
If interested, please submit a curriculum vitae, cover letter, diversity statement (under the “other documents” section), and the names and contact information of three professional references via VCU eJobs at www.vcujobs.com.
For more information, contact Dr. Laura McClelland, Search Committee Chair as firstname.lastname@example.org or 804-828-6064. Review of applications will begin on January 25, 2021 and continue until the position is filled.
Posted Salary Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/102670 Diversity Statement Information For more information on diversity statements, including guidelines, please click here . Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Diversity Statement (Required for all Faculty)