GRADUATE CERTIFICATION OFFICER
GRADUATE CERTIFICATION OFFICER
Posting Number: SRGV4840
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: Graduate College
Scope of Job:
To review and certify all graduate credentials to ensure that all graduates have met all university and program requirements to obtain the relevant graduate degree or graduate certificate.
Description of Duties:
• Reviews and certifies graduate degrees (master’s and doctoral) along with all graduate certificates for eligible UTRGV students.
• Monitors students’ degree progress including degree plan audits and communicates degree requirements and deficiencies to students and advisors as students approach graduation.
• Ensures that student curricular records and degree plans are accurate and up-to-date. This includes regular verification of changes/updates to programs.
• Conducts regular data analysis and provides historical data and projections to the Dean of the Graduate College and on occasion to the program coordinators/directors. This includes comparative performance to other UT System or out-of-state schools.
• Provides subject matter skill and expertise in the process.
• Enforces UTRGV academic policies and ensures that exceptions to policy (such as waivers and transfers) are appropriately approved and documented.
• Provides regular reports and status updates to University Registrar for commencement exercises.
• Develops, cultivates, and maintains positive working relationships with department staff, faculty members, advisors, and students while clarifying degree requirement concerns and issues.
• Administrator for the Proquest Thesis and Dissertation database.
• Reviews completed thesis and dissertations to ensure that they conform to UTRGV style guidelines.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision from assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
Three (3) years of experience in an academic environment such as student admissions, registration, or closely related area.
Use of standard office equipment and Student Information Systems, such as Banner, PeopleSoft.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Sedentary work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Office Environment; some travel and weekend work is required.
Exceptional planning and organizational skills.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 12/16/2020
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
*Social Security Number
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission.
If you have any questions, please visit our Careers site at https://careers.utrgv.edu for detailed contact information.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/27049