Director of Graduate Recruitment
Director of Graduate Recruitment
Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and the recognized leader in experience-driven lifelong learning. Our world-renowned experiential approach empowers our students, faculty, alumni, and partners to create impact far beyond the confines of discipline, degree, and campus.
Our locations—in Boston; Charlotte, North Carolina; London; Portland, Maine; San Francisco; Seattle; Silicon Valley; Toronto; Vancouver; and the Massachusetts communities of Burlington and Nahant—are nodes in our growing global university system. Through this network, we expand opportunities for flexible, student-centered learning and collaborative, solutions-focused research.
Northeastern's comprehensive array of undergraduate and graduate programs— in a variety of on-campus and online formats—lead to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools. Among these, we offer more than 195 multi-discipline majors and degrees designed to prepare students for purposeful lives and careers.
About the Opportunity:
The Director of Graduate Recruitment serves an integral role in the growth of domestic enrollments in the Align program at Khoury College. Align enables intellectually curious students to earn a Master of Science in Computer or Data Science without a background in computing or programming. Regardless of undergraduate major or current experience, Align's custom curricula prepares students for the high demands of the industry—and provides an alternative path to success. The college aims to use this program to increase participation by women and underrepresented minorities in the computing field. S/he will be focused on this goal as part of achieving the college's mission to increase diversity in technical professions.
Core responsibilities for this role include: 1) designing, implementing and analyzing an effective recruitment strategy within a target audience for the Align program to grow the domestic student body at the California campuses; 2) supporting prospective students during the application and enrollment process; and 3) developing strategic partnerships with employers, community-based organizations, and other ecosystem actors to strengthen outreach, enrollment and brand visibility
- Set strategy for building domestic enrollments in
- Manage Admissions Counselor to help attain goals
- Increase domestic enrollments year over year by 40%
- Grow diversity in keeping with goal of 50% women and 25%
- Build rapport and guide prospects through experiential
- Continue to identify ‘hot spots' locations for outreach
- Maintain healthy lead generation pipeline by increasing leads
from recruiting events + recruiting partner contacts
- Maintain healthy pipeline by nurturing applications to enrolled
- Work with College/University team to plan local event strategy
- Support BIT/Open House/Webinars/Info Sessions virtually and in
- Develop strategy and work with team to implement feeder school
- Create co-planned events with colleges + recruiting
- identify influencers (internal: current students/alums/faculty)
(external: recruiting partners)
- Foster and develop relationships with community organizations,
businesses, and local/regional colleges/universities
- Bachelor's degree required
- Seven+ years of experience in admissions and/or
- Experienced presenter, comfortable in front of large and small
- Prior supervisory experience preferred
- Customer service, sales or marketing experience with excellent
- Ability to reflect and promotes the mission, vision, and
identity of the University and Khoury College
- Experience using Salesforce or other CRM
- Experience working in higher education, preferably in Northern
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently as part of a remote team
- Proven problem solver and strategist to find and build
community and university relationships
- Capacity to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and
- Willingness to travel on a frequent basis
- Must be able to lift at least 20 pounds, move furniture and be
able to physically set up rooms for meetings/events
- Proficiency with MS Office, Teams, Zoom, and other webinar
software, willing to learn new technologies
- Must possess strong time management skills and have the ability
to prioritize and balance responsibilities
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/879/cw/en-us/job/505461