Tenure-Track Faculty Openings in the College of Health and Human Services
Assistant or associate professor and faculty specialist positions
in nursing, social work and interdisciplinary health programs
Western Michigan University invites applications and nominations for five faculty positions in the College of Health and Human Services.
- Two tenure-track, academic year assistant or associate professor openings in the Bronson School of Nursing. Assistant or associate professors with MSN degrees and doctorates in nursing or a related field will teach in-person and online graduate and undergraduate nursing courses, mentor students, engage in research and contribute to the mission of the school.
- One tenure-track, fiscal year faculty specialist I or II opening in the School of Interdisciplinary Health Programs. The faculty specialist will teach in and serve as the program coordinator for the healthcare services and sciences program, and will potentially contribute to the gerontology or health administration programs. This is fiscal year position that will have a 45 credit workload per year.
- Two tenure-track, academic year assistant or associate professor openings in the School of Social Work. The assistant or associate professors will contribute to an environment of research, instruction, and community collaborations. They will teach in macro and/or clinical practice within the School of Social Work and advise with graduate and undergraduate students.
Visit wmich.edu/hhs/careers for more information about these positions.
The University: Western Michigan University, located in Southwest Michigan, is a vibrant, nationally recognized student-centered research institution with an enrollment of nearly 20,000. WMU delivers high-quality undergraduate instruction, has a strong graduate division, and fosters significant research activities. The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching has placed WMU among the 76 public institutions in the nation designated as research universities with high research activities. Visit wmich.edu for more information.
The College: The College of Health and Human Services is preparing students for careers that are high in demand, high in meaning, high in satisfaction and unsurpassed in impact. Located in a modern, LEED-certified building with current teaching technologies and spacious research laboratories, the college enrolls almost 3,000 students, more than a third at the graduate level. Programs include blindness and low vision studies, nursing, occupational therapy, physical therapy, physician assistant, social work, speech, language and hearing sciences, holistic health care, alcohol and drug abuse, interdisciplinary health services, public health and a Ph.D. in interdisciplinary health sciences. The college has received grants from the National Institutes of Health, the Health Resources and Services Administration, and the US Department of Education. The college also operates the Unified Clinics, a multidisciplinary service/training clinic. Learn more about our college at wmich.edu/hhs.
Salary: Competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience, with an excellent benefits package.
Expected start date: August 10, 2021
Application deadline: Submit complete application packet by March 1, 2021.
Required application documents: Each application packet must include a faculty credential summary and a letter describing qualifications, accomplishments and professional experiences related to the position. Specific positions may require additional documents. Visit wmich.edu/hhs/careers for links to more information about these positions.
WMU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, veterans, individuals with disabilities and all other qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Kalamazoo
- Health & Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Kalamazoo
- Nursing Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Kalamazoo
- Other Health & Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Kalamazoo
- Professional Fields Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Kalamazoo