Software Applications Developer II
Our Commitment Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment for all visitors, students, faculty, and staff by promoting a culture that embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability. Diverse perspectives, talents, and identities are vital to accomplishing our mission and living our core values. Who we are The Department of Information Technology (DOIT) contributes to Texas A&M’s student learning and development by providing specialized and dependable technology solutions for student affairs professionals across the division’s 17 departments. We aspire to be the IT partner of choice for our customers by leveraging our unique knowledge of student affairs, IT service management, and Business integrations to provide exceptional business value to customers. (https://doit.tamu.edu/) What we want The DSA Department of IT is seeking a Software Applications Developer II to perform application design, development, testing, and support for custom innovative web applications. We have mature processes for the full software development life cycle. We use formal project management, including Agile methodologies, in a highly collaborative development environment for a variety of large and complex projects that help enrich the student experience in the university community. Come join our growing team. What You Need To Know COVID-19 information: Texas A&M University monitors and updates our recruiting, hiring, and onboarding processes to align with local, state, and federally mandated health guidelines to keep employees, prospective employees, and visitors as safe as possible. Each department has established both remote and in-person procedures for conducting these processes, which include sanitizing common spaces, a mask policy, and maintaining safe physical distancing. Departments will provide the procedures to be followed at each step of the recruiting process. Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Three years of software applications developer experience
- Knowledge of PHP and SQL
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Must have strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications. Knowledge of advanced analysis, troubleshooting, problem-solving, client relations skills, requirement assessment and analysis, project management methodology, and proficiency of the Information Technology Interface Library (ITIL)
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others
- Work nights and weekends as needed.
- Experience developing dynamic web applications and RESTful APIs
- Experience with Agile Scrum development process
- ITIL Foundation certification
- Experience with PHP Laravel.
- Application Maintenance - Assists with application maintenance by identifying emerging issues and developing corrective strategies, and specifically provides technical guidance and/or training to application users to ensure the success of an application. Performs peer reviews and analysis of software documentation and production results to facilitate problem resolution. Maintains and enhances developed programs, software packages, database objects, and web applications to meet users’ needs. Uses change management best practices, including maintaining version control with code repository. Ensures that supported web applications are compliant with any changes to University policies, procedures, or standards regarding security or accessibility.
- Reporting - Records progress of work assignments in tracking tools to facilitate reports and summaries for management and/or users, including status reports, problem reports, project/progress summaries, and utilization reports.
- Department Objectives - Maintains a positive relationship with other departments and personnel that will assist in the development, funding, promotion, and/or public relations of the Department of IT. Supports the success and objectives of the Department of IT.
- General - Participates in training and professional development sessions.
- Other - Performs other duties as assigned.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in College Station
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in College Station
- Computer Services & Information Technology Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in College Station
- Student Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in College Station
- Other Student Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in College Station