Executive Director, Houston Center for Professional and Graduate Education
About Our Lady of the Lake University:
On the foundation of faith, wisdom and trust in Providence, Our Lady of the Lake University (OLLU) prepares graduates to transform their communities, families and professions.
OLLU, founded in 1895 by the Congregation of Divine Providence, is a coeducational comprehensive institution with an enrollment of more than 3,100 students. With its main residential campus in San Antonio and non-traditional programs in San Antonio, Houston, the Rio Grande Valley (La Feria), and online, OLLU has a presence in two of the largest cities in Texas, the border region, and literally around the world.
The University offers more than 30 undergraduate majors and minors, 14 master's programs and three doctoral programs through its College of Arts and Sciences, School of Business and Leadership, and the College of Professional Studies. OLLU offers classes in daytime, evening, weekend and online formats.
The Executive Director will develop revenue-generating external relationships tied to the delivery of educational programs and services in the greater Houston region. Reporting directly to the Provost (or a designate), the Executive Director is responsible for overseeing direct outreach, recruitment and marketing services at the Houston campus. The Executive Director will serve as a business development lead responsible for cultivating high level relationships with corporate senior decision makers in the Greater Houston area to generate enrollment gains on the Houston Campus and all other OLLU sites. Additionally, the Director will identify needs for new education programs/services and work with appropriate university officials to create new revenue streams. The Director will play a key role in the implementation, review, and continuous improvement of the University's Houston-area direct recruitment and marketing strategy and is responsible for meeting the annual fall, spring, and summer revenue goals for Houston graduate and undergraduate programs, and contract services. Works closely with the Chief Enrollment Officer and Director of Graduate Admissions and Student Services to execute admissions and retention strategies. The Director will bring substantial experience and success in building business relationships, achieving performance metrics/recruitment goals, and working collaboratively with business leaders, faculty, administrators, and community. The Director will serve as the liaison between the University and leaders in the Greater Houston Area business community. The Director will also be involved in the development and initiation of non-credit and credit continuing education and training opportunities for professionals and adult learners.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Documented success working with business and industry to deliver educational programs and services.
- Demonstrate strong leadership, team building, presentation and relationship building skills in a collaborative setting.
- Detail oriented and organized-completes projects within allotted timeframe and is cognizant of deadlines.
- Understands the education needs of the adult, non-traditional student and working professionals in the greater Houston area
- Ability to perform in a results-oriented environment as a member of a team, willing to learn and understand the operations of each employee's position.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiating and communication skills both written and spoken.
- Ability to work varying hours outside of normal business hours, to include weekends and evenings (often in excess of 40 hours per week).
- Experience in new business development and high-level marketing to mid-level and executive managers.
- Ability to build consensus with faculty and administrators to help the campus reach its full potential.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of a master's degree is required.
- Minimum of 5 years related experience, such as in continuing education, advancement, economic development or similar.
- Documented experience cultivating, soliciting and closing contractual relationships.