Assistant Professor in School Psychology
Oklahoma State University is accepting applicants for a tenure-track Assistant Professor faculty position in School Psychology within the School of Teaching, Learning and Educational Sciences in the College of Education and Human Sciences, beginning August 2021.
The school psychology programs are in the School of Teaching, Learning, and Educational Sciences in the College of Education and Human Sciences. There are eight complimentary program areas in the School and approximately 40 faculty. The four core school psychology faculty in the school psychology area offer and are responsible for an APA-accredited, NASP-approved Ph.D. program, a NASP-approved Ed.S. program, and a BCBA certification track. The program, based upon the scientist-practitioner training model, expects the successful candidate to demonstrate and influence the accomplishment of this perspective to its students through research, teaching, and professional service. Candidates with this point of view and some experience as a practitioner are encouraged to apply. Small cohorts of full-time students are admitted annually to the programs and there is an identifiable group of energetic, curious, and talented school psychology students resident on campus.
The successful candidate will value the Oklahoma State University land grant mission and embrace the opportunity to make a positive impact on the community through high-quality and integrated teaching, scholarship, and service. This tenure-track faculty member will contribute to the program and the field of School Psychology and will have opportunities to collaborate with nationally and internationally recognized faculty in research and program development to increase the positive impact of the program on the state of Oklahoma, the region, the nation, and the international world. Major responsibilities include:
- Establishing a scholarly research agenda through publications, grant writing, and presentations, and showing the potential for leadership in advancing the field of School Psychology;
- Teaching graduate courses in the School Psychology program area;
- Recruiting, advising, and mentoring graduate students;
- Providing service to departmental, college, and university committees, and participating in professional organizations at local and national/international levels; and
- Collaborating with faculty in other programs across the campus and engaging in purposeful University outreach to foster productive relationships with local communities.
- D. in School Psychology from an APA –accredited program;
- Record of scholarly productivity and evidence of emerging research agenda;
- Licensed or license-eligible through the Board of Examiners of Psychologists in Oklahoma;
- Strong working knowledge of various research methodologies;
- Ability to build productive professional relationships with public schools, colleges, and local communities; and
- Evidence of professional service and of efforts in seeking external grant funding.
SALARY AND BENEFITS: Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Benefits include comprehensive medical and retirement plans.
APPLICATION INFORMATION: The process of reviewing applications will begin February 15, 2021, and will continue until the position is filled (contingent upon available funding).
Search Chair: Dr. Brian Poncy can be reached at email@example.com to answer any applicant questions.
To apply, please visit http://jobs.okstate.edu and submit the following: a letter of application, curriculum vita, statement of teaching (including philosophy, practices, and experiences), and statement of research interests (including current and future research pursuits), transcripts, and the names and complete contact information (phone, email, physical mailing address) of three professional references. For assistance with your required materials, you may contact Lisa Baker, STLES Administrative Associate, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the School of Teaching, Learning & Educational Sciences, please visit our website at https://education.okstate.edu/stles. For more information about the program or position, contact search committee chair Dr. Brian Poncy at email@example.com
Oklahoma State University is a comprehensive land-grant institution of higher education dedicated to scholarship, teaching, and service with an enrollment of more than 24,000 students. Information regarding the College of Education and Human Sciences may be found at http://education.okstate.edu/.
Oklahoma State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/E-verify employer committed to diversity and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. OSU is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans for its openings.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Stillwater
- Education Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Stillwater
- Counsellor Education Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Stillwater
- Other Education Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Stillwater