Environmental Engineering Professor
The Department of Atmospheric and Hydrologic Sciences within the School of Computing, Engineering & Environment, College of Science and Engineering at St. Cloud State University has an opening for a full-time, tenure-track, probationary faculty position at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor in Environmental Engineering with an emphasis in Physical/Chemical or Biological Processes.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity for active participation in the growth and development of St. Cloud State University’s new interdisciplinary program in Environmental Engineering. Department facilities include an environmental engineering laboratory, a hydrology/fluids laboratory, a dedicated computer laboratory, and the Integrated Science and Engineering Laboratory Facility (ISELF) a venue for innovation and collaboration focused on student education and success. More information about our college, school and department is available at the following links: College of Science and Engineering; School of Computing, Engineering and Environment and Department of Atmospheric and Hydrologic Science
The successful candidate is expected to establish and maintain a professional goal to become an outstanding teacher-scholar through the use of research-based, best-practices pedagogy. They are expected to teach using both in-person and alternative delivery methods such as online and hybrid. They will regularly engage in ongoing professional development and innovation opportunities focused on pedagogical growth.
The successful candidate will share St. Cloud State’s commitment to our mission, and in particular, the value we place in diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) as outlined in SCSU’s It’s Time strategic framework. Notably, we uphold the advancement of diversity, equity, and inclusion and engage in intentional actions to address systemic inequities throughout the university and surrounding environment. DEI values, practices, and strategies are embedded into the fabric of our institution and campus community, and they align with the priorities expressed in the Minnesota State system’s Equity 2030 initiative. SCSU expects all of its employees to help advance these practices and to contribute to the development of an anti-racist, inclusive community.
Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization.
In order to be considered for tenure, the successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to: 1) teach and/or perform assignment effectively; 2) conduct scholarly achievement or research; 3) continue preparation and study in discipline; 4) contribute to student growth and development; and 5) provide service to the university and community. (IFO Article 22, Section B)
The responsibilities of the successful candidate will include:
- Teaching introductory and upper-division undergraduate Environmental Engineering courses such as Introduction to Environmental Engineering, Applied Numerical Methods, Environmental Engineering Process Analysis, Environmental Engineering Systems Analysis, Physical/Chemical Process Design, Biological Process Design, and Environmental Engineering Project Design
- Engaging in research and scholarly activity that includes undergraduate student participation
- Engaging in an environment of innovation and collaboration that is focused on student success
- Assuming a key leadership role in the continued development of our BS Environmental Engineering program including ABET accreditation activities
- Collaborating in delivery of the Atmospheric and Hydrologic Sciences Department’s Liberal Education courses and other Engineering courses in the School of Computing, Engineering & Environment.
- Ph.D. in Environmental Engineering, or related area, with emphasis on physical/chemical processes or biological processes, completed by time of appointment
- Demonstrated commitment to undergraduate education
- Evidence of the ability to teach and work with persons from culturally diverse backgrounds
- Active interest in laboratory and field work related to environmental processes and systems
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) certification
- Ph.D. in environmental engineering with completion of significant undergraduate or graduate course work in chemical and/or biochemical engineering
- University-level teaching experience in environmental engineering
- Professional experience in consulting, industry or government
- Professional engineering licensure at the time of appointment
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
St. Cloud State University is committed to excellence and actively supports cultural diversity. To promote this endeavor, we invite individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply, including minorities, women, LGBT, persons with disabilities and veterans. St. Cloud State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, marital status, status with regards to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or status as a U.S. veteran. The Interim Title IX coordinator at St. Cloud State University is Judith Siminoe. For additional information, contact the Office of Institutional Equity & Access, (320) 308-5123, Admin. Services Bldg. Rm 121.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Saint Augusta
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Saint Augusta
- Geology & Earth Sciences Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Saint Augusta
- Other Science & Technology Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Saint Augusta