The responsibilities of the successful candidate will include:
- Teaching across the spectrum of courses in an undergraduate meteorology program particularly focused on weather analysis and forecasting
- Pursuing research and scholarly activity that includes undergraduate student participation
- Participating in interdisciplinary projects that may include, but are not limited to, scientific computing, hydrology, engineering, or environmental science
- Contributions to the Department’s Liberal Education course offerings
The Department of Atmospheric and Hydrologic Sciences within the College of Science and Engineering at St. Cloud State University has an opening for a full-time, tenure-track, probationary faculty position at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor in Meteorology with an emphasis in weather analysis and forecasting.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity for active participation in the continued development of St. Cloud State University’s Meteorology program. The Meteorology Program is identified as a distinctive program within the university by our administration. Department facilities include a dedicated meteorology computer laboratory, the Husky Weather Center, a hydrology/fluids laboratory, and the Integrated Science and Engineering Laboratory Facility (ISELF) a venue for innovation and collaboration focused on student education and success. Meteorology students are also involved in broadcast meteorology with the student-operated, Emmy Award winning university television station (UTVS). More information about our programs can be found at the following links: College of Science and Engineering and Department of Atmospheric and Hydrologic Sciences
The successful candidate is expected to establish and maintain a professional goal to become an outstanding teacher-scholar through the use of research-based, best-practices pedagogy. They are expected to teach using both in-person and alternative delivery methods such as online and hybrid. They will regularly engage in ongoing professional development and innovation opportunities focused on pedagogical growth.
The successful candidate will share St. Cloud State’s commitment to our mission, and in particular, the value we place in diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) as outlined in SCSU’s It’s Time strategic framework. Notably, we uphold the advancement of diversity, equity, and inclusion and engage in intentional actions to address systemic inequities throughout the university and surrounding environment. DEI values, practices, and strategies are embedded into the fabric of our institution and campus community, and they align with the priorities expressed in the Minnesota State system’s Equity 2030 initiative. SCSU expects all of its employees to help advance these practices and to contribute to the development of an anti-racist, inclusive community.
Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization.
In order to be considered for tenure, the successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to: 1) teach and/or perform assignment effectively; 2) conduct scholarly achievement or research; 3) continue preparation and study in discipline; 4) contribute to student growth and development; and 5) provide service to the university and community. (IFO Article 22, Section B)
- Ph.D. completed by date of appointment in meteorology, atmospheric science, or related area
- Active interest in the current weather and interest in teaching courses related to weather analysis and forecasting education
- Demonstrated commitment to undergraduate education
- Evidence of demonstrated ability to teach and work with persons from culturally diverse backgrounds
- University-level teaching experience, particularly in course work related to weather analysis and forecasting
- Interest in engaging and informing the campus community on current weather conditions and forecasts
- Experience with Python programming, data visualization, numerical modeling, or applied statistics
- Research interests related to operational weather forecasting
- Experience engaging undergraduates in research projects
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
St. Cloud State University is committed to excellence and actively supports cultural diversity. To promote this endeavor, we invite individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply, including minorities, women, LGBT, persons with disabilities and veterans. St. Cloud State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, marital status, status with regards to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or status as a U.S. veteran. The Interim Title IX coordinator at St. Cloud State University is Judith Siminoe. For additional information, contact the Office of Institutional Equity & Access, (320) 308-5123, Admin. Services Bldg. Rm 121.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Saint Augusta
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Saint Augusta
- Other Science & Technology Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Saint Augusta