Postdoctoral Scholar, Human-Robot Interaction
A team of researchers from the University of Central Florida (UCF) and the Georgia Institute of Technology (Georgia Tech) are seeking a highly motivated and forward-thinking postdoctoral scholar to assist in conducting multidisciplinary research for a National Science Foundation project on human-robot interaction in manufacturing.
See “Supervise It! Optimizing Intelligent Robot Integration Through Feedback to Workers and Supervisors” (https://nsf.gov/awardsearch/showAward?AWD_ID=2026611).
The postdoctoral scholar will work closely with faculty members who have expertise in the following areas:
(1) Controls, robotics, and computer vision,
(2) Management systems engineering, organizational change, and performance measurement,
(3) Operations research, machine learning, and modeling human decision-making,
(4) Human-computer integration, ergonomics and neuroergonomics, and neuro-fuzzy modeling.
The primary duties will involve overseeing human-subject experiments by graduate students including verifying and validating the experimental design and execution. Considering this, we are seeking candidates with prior experience running human-subject experiments. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have a graduate degree in industrial or organizational psychology, human factors, cognitive science, or similar disciplines.
The position will be based at UCF, located in Orlando, however there will be opportunities for the selected candidate to travel to Georgia Tech in Atlanta to support the human-subject experiments. The position is available for up to 3 years.
This postdoctoral scholar position is especially targeted at researchers interested in aggressively pursuing a faculty position. All PIs on the project are dedicated to working with the incumbent in establishing themselves as an independent researcher. This includes writing proposals as a co-PI, leading a small research team, teaching opportunities, and exploring other research projects. The selected candidate will be encouraged (and supported) to network with other faculty at UCF, Georgia Tech, and elsewhere.
Minimum Qualifications: Ph.D. from an accredited institution in computer science, statistics, computer engineering, psychology, or closely related field.
Preference will be given to candidates with experience related to the areas listed below. Please note we do not expect applicants to have all skills or interests.
- Human-subject experimentation and statistical analysis,
- Human factors, cognitive science, industrial psychology,
- Programming (preferably Python),
- Graduate-level engineering-math/statistics or optimization,
- Human-technology interaction,
- Machine learning (theory and application).
Annual Salary: $50,000 to Negotiable
Additional Application Materials: UCF requires all applications and supporting documents to be submitted online through the Human Resources website, https://www.ucf.edu/jobs/. In addition to the online application, candidates should also submit: 1) a cover letter, 2) a current curriculum vita, 3) three sample publications, and 4) a summary of past research projects. (Please specify your involvement and contribution in each project.)
NOTE: Please have all application documents ready when applying so they can be attached at that time. Once the online submission process is finalized, the system does not allow applicants to submit additional documents at a later date.
Only complete application materials will be considered. Active review of applications will begin immediately, but the search will continue until the position is filled.
For questions regarding the position, please contact Dr. Adan Vela, Adan.Vela@ucf.edu.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Post-Doc Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Orlando
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Post-Doc Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Orlando
- Computer Sciences & Technology Post-Doc Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Orlando
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Post-Doc Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Orlando
- Psychology Post-Doc Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Orlando