Senior Associate University Registrar/Associate Director - Framingham State University
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Under the direction of the University Registrar, the Senior Associate Registrar is responsible for ensuring quality service to students, faculty, staff, and alumnae through coordinating the core functions of the office and managing the operational responsibility for the day to day functioning and services. This position directly supervises the other professional staff and the support staff in the offices and serves as the University Registrar in the University Registrar's absence. The Senior Associate Registrar is responsible for performing complex duties which require knowledge of academic policies, federal and state regulations, and the functioning and capabilities of the Banner student information system and its associated systems. The Senior Associate Registrar demonstrates leadership and sets a high standard of professionalism by providing and ensuring the highest level of service to our internal and external constituents and ensures compliance of registrar-related functions and processes with federal, state, University regulations and policies as well as American Association of Collegiate Registrar & Admissions Officers (AACRAO) standards. The Senior Associate Registrar solves problems requiring interpretation of existing guidelines, practices and procedures and is authorized to enforce university and campus policies and procedures.
Exercises supervision over professional, non-professional, and student personnel assigned to the Office of the University Registrar.
Reports to the University Registrar/Executive Director of Student Records & Registration Services.
EXAMPLES OF SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists the University Registrar in the supervision of all student records and data processing operations.
- Fosters a culture of civility, forward-thinking, and a team approach to achieving goals in support of campus needs.
- Develops and implements improvements to office processes and productivity, in accordance with changing business needs, staffing and fiscal resources.
- Manages analysis of individual segments of responsibility and makes recommendations based on knowledge of FERPA & ADA requirements combined with policies and practices in higher education in general, and at comparable public and private universities.
- Responsible for having knowledge of applicable NCAA rules and institutional polices that impact student athlete's registration and academic standing, and maintaining communication with the Associate Athletic Director for compliance of individual student athletes throughout the semester/academic year.
- Responsible for applying institutional polices for academic standing eligibility for student leadership roles and maintaining communication with the Director of Student Involvement & Leadership Development (SILD) for compliance of individual student in leadership roles throughout the semester/academic year.
- Prepares all materials related to the degree audit process for matriculated students, both Undergraduate and Graduate.
- Completes final degree audits for matriculated undergraduate and graduate student. Includes working with department chairs or program coordinators for determining clearance for graduation requirements.
- Develops commencement lists with particular emphasis on documenting credentials.
- Makes decisions on performance, hiring, and other human resources related issues of the directly managed staff.
- Responsible for professional and administrative staff training including visioning professional development and growth opportunities, mentoring, providing employee relations mediation, and guides staff through process/procedure changes.
- Maintains the Office of the University Registrar Policies and Procedures Manual (ongoing) in collaboration with the Assistant Registrars.
- Supervises all academic records activities related to Commencement including the Commencement Program, diploma management, degree posting and other graduation activities. Manages processes to ensure appropriate recognition of students for special situations including honors.
- Supports the Commencement ceremonies for both Bachelors and Masters exercises.
- Collaborates with office staff on the functioning of systems within the office. To include but not limited to: Ellucian Banner, Workflow, Argos, DegreeWorks, Student Schedule Planner, Xtender (Imaging), 25Live, Operational Data Store (ODS).
- Assists the University Registrar in ensuring the conformity of record release procedures to registration management policies and legal requirements governing the confidentiality of student records, including the Family Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and all other applicable laws and regulations.
- Responsible as the point person for maintaining degree/program information for the federal Trade Agreement Act (TAA) database as well as the Massachusetts Department of Employment Section 30 database. Completes enrollment information as required for matriculated students approved under either the federal or state programs.
- Cooperatively works with other administrative offices in the development and management of the University's portal channels.
- Assists with analyzing data and prepares reviews/reports on such areas as grade distribution, departmental teaching loads, faculty teaching loads, departmental enrollment trends, graduation rates, and in other areas requiring enrollment related data.
- Assists with the oversight of Veterans records for both new and continuing students.
- Oversees the generation, proper maintenance, and storage of students' academic records.
- Assists in the preparation of the end of term processes, including final grade collection for both the Day School and Department of Graduate and Continuing Education (DGCE), Incomplete contract requests, Academic Standing, Dean's/President's Lists.
- Participates in the preparation of the University Undergraduate and Graduate Catalogs, the RAM Handbook, and other information disseminated by the University.
- Serves as a member of the Office of the University Registrar senior staff.
- Serves on various standing and/or special committees of the University as assigned.
- Accountable for ensuring that affirmative action, equal opportunity, and diversity are integrally tied to all actions and decisions in areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for reporting to the Equal Opportunity Officer or Title IX Coordinator knowledge or receipt of reports of discrimination, discriminatory harassment, and retaliation from students or other members of the university community.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Master's degree with a minimum of five (5) years professional higher education administrative experience or a Bachelor's degree and a minimum of eight (8) years professional higher education administrative experience in a registrar's office or closely related office.
- Demonstrated high level knowledge of student information systems related systems and the technology services required for office operations.
- Thorough knowledge of higher education principles, practices, and procedures, including FERPA.
- Knowledge of structure, practices, and procedures of college registrar activities.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Experience with Banner Student Information System and DegreeWorks.
- Experience leading a staff in support of the goals of office and institution;
- Experience coordinating office operations, managing projects, and meeting deadlines;
- Ability to analyze business processes and identify ways to create efficiencies;
- Experience with data collection and analysis (e.g. writing and analyzing reports);
- Ability to interpret policies and procedures to students, faculty, parents, and others;
- Demonstrated management ability and skills to direct and supervise staff with the ability to train, motivate and provide effective and sound judgment, coaching and leadership.
- Detail-oriented, precise and accurate in work;
- Ability to work collaboratively with staff, faculty, students, alumnae, and colleagues. Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills;
This is a full-time, exempt, benefits-eligible position in the Association of Professional Administrators (APA) bargaining unit with a title of Senior Associate University Registrar. The salary range is $70,000 - 85,000.
Framingham State University conducts criminal history and sexual offender record checks on recommended finalists prior to final employment for all positions.
Framingham State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Members of underrepresented groups, minorities, women, veterans, persons with disabilities, and all persons committed to diversity and inclusive excellence are strongly encouraged to apply.