SILC Finance and Accounting Manager
The Sustainability Innovation Lab at Colorado (SILC) encourages applications for a Finance and Accounting Manager ! This position will be the primary Finance and Accounting lead for the entire center, which includes coordinating all aspects of Finance and Human Resources. The Finance and Accounting Manager will provide pre-award, post-award, and project closeout support which includes financial management and administrative duties to provide support for all Principal Investigators at SILC. Responsibilities will include grant and contract management, procurement, travel, expense reimbursement, and human resources for duties related to the life of a grant that is from submission through closeout. This position reviews, analyzes, and interprets financial data using a variety of reporting systems to use in their role as advisor to PIs.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
SILC develops the knowledge, capacity, partnerships, technology, and diverse workforce to accelerate the transition to a more sustainable world and educates the next generation of researchers, communicators, and innovators who will lead this change. SILC supports scholars and students engaged in impact-focused research, education, and service in order to improve the success and sustainability of human activities.
SILC is an interdisciplinary and solution-focused center that supports diverse projects and educational programs linked by a common focus on issues in sustainability and the environment. SILC’s impact-focused research includes engineering, physical and natural sciences, social science, social justice, psychology, humanities, business, law, computer science and other fields. Check out Our Work to learn more about our current initiatives and collaborations.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Pre-Award Proposal Management
- Serve as a facilitator and source for pre-award sponsored programs administration.
- Work with Principal Investigators to facilitate efforts between the Office of Contract and Grants and PI for the successful submission of grants to sponsors.
- Provide support during the budget development preparation process using SILC budget template.
- Serve as a primary resource to PI’s and project teams to answer questions about fund management and offer procedural and regulatory advice in alignment with the sponsor, University, and the center’s requirements to ensure compliance.
- Verify available funds for purchases, review invoices from vendors, and submit for payment to be processed.
- Assist the project team on the appropriateness of purchases requested. Proficient in using the appropriate purchasing methods such as CU MarketPlace, procurement card, travel card, concur travel, and expense system to meet sponsor’s and University’s fiscal policies and procedures. All travel requires pre-approval, sponsored project Travel Authorization forms are to be completed, before booking travel.
- Ensure all documentation is complete, accurate, and processed for purchases made using University funds.
- Process documentation for independent service providers: Scope of work, Purchase Order, Standing Purchase Order, Sole Source documentation as needed.
- Advise PI’s regarding the financial status of their grant budgets, prepare monthly financial reports for PI’s to review.
- Manage and maintain grants files.
- Support the awards close-out process.
- Financial reporting: works with PI, OCG, and sponsors as needed to assist in reporting requirements.
- Primary Human Resources liaison for SILC: Includes all employee groups, such as faculty, research faculty, staff, and students.
- Assist PI’s with the hiring process using CU Avature system for hiring and managing all positions.
- Provide support for campus merit evaluations for staff and research faculty.
- Responsible for payroll duties for all employees, which includes making HCM entries for hiring, terminations, salary allocations, and stipend payments to students, and uploading all timesheets on a timely basis.
- Coordinate onboarding of all new hires.
- Manage and maintain all personnel files.
What We Can Offer
The hiring pay range is $58,000.00 - $70,000.00 annually. Relocation is available within department guidelines.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Balanced. Be Engaged. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute.
- 2+ years of professional, job-related experience.
What You Will Need
- Planning, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Experience with crafting budgets for sponsored projects.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google drive products.
- Proven attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and with team settings.
- Familiarity with Uniform Guidance principles.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Grant Management experience supporting and advising sponsored project Principal Investigators.
- Knowledge and experience with financial administration, budget, fiscal principles in a higher education setting.
- Experience with CU Boulder or similar systems such as PeopleSoft, Cognos reporting, Marketplace, HCM, Concur travel, and expense system.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply by January 24, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs .
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Accounting & Finance Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder