Program Director of Transfer Recruitment - Admissions & Recruitment
The Admissions and Recruitment Department at West Virginia University is seeking applications for a Program Director of Transfer Recruitment. Under the direction of the Director of Enrollment Management, this position assists in establishing and continuing transfer student recruitment efforts at West Virginia University. The primary responsibility of this position is to provide proactive student communication, develop meaningful partnerships with various University offices, academic colleges, and community college partners and to professionally develop staff.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- In cooperation with supervisors and other WVU officials, develop internal policies and procedures for transfer student recruitment activities. This includes overseeing the management of transfer recruitment to meet enrollment goals by analyzing student data and planning and implementing strategic outreach efforts for transfer students as needed.
- Responsible for developing and implementing strategic recruitment plan for transfer activities that includes market research, best practices, and SWOT analyses to strategize for upcoming recruitment cycles.
- Provide necessary training and updates to all recruitment staff regarding transfer student information.
- Understand the “One WVU” recruitment model while collaboratively building recruiting relationships across WVU's three campuses. In addition, this person will work to streamline the recruitment and onboarding experience for Change of Campus students who are matriculating from the Beckley and Keyser campuses.
- Serve as a liaison between Admissions, University Registrar, Residence Life, Financial Aid, Center for Veteran, Military & Family Programs, WVU Online and academic advising offices for the purpose of strengthening transfer recruitment efforts and enrolling transfer students.
- Coordinates continued conversations with academic colleges, the Registrar, and the Provost's Office to further enhance and improve articulation agreements and other policies that will enhance the recruitment of transfer students.
- Provide direct supervision and professional development for Transfer Program Coordinator.
- Coordinate with Sr. Program Coordinator of Student Outreach to coordinate student ambassador tasks and student call center outreach to the transfer population.
- Establish, maintain, and enhance relationships between WVU and various community leaders, alumni, transfer counselors and advisors at key community and four-year colleges and universities and others in a position to influence the enrollment decisions of transfer students.
- Travels to recruit and provide information about the WVU recruiting and admission process to attract transfer applicants. Represent WVU at fairs and other recruitment events. Liaise with key partners and facilitating presentations, along with coordinating visits.
- Manages the counseling of prospective transfer students and their parents in person, by telephone, mail and email regarding academic programs, admissions requirements, housing, financial aid, student eligibility, procedures, course transferability, and student life at West Virginia University.
- Oversees and assists in the follow-up with every transfer student who applies for admission with a personal phone call and/or email. Provides on-going phone and email communication to students about the status of their applications and the enrollment process at WVU. Develops and contributes feedback to recruitment forecasting and meeting overall targets for the transfer population.
- Coordinate and assist with coverage and travel of transfer activities such as private community college visits, counselor events, and college fairs in various recruitment markets.
- Assist with all on-campus and off-campus recruitment events and coordinate activities that meet the needs of transfer students during these events.
- Partner with and maintain an active role with professional organizations geared towards transfer and non-traditional student populations.
- Work with the Coordinator and Assistant Director to establish onboarding programming for transfer students prior to the start of the academic semester.
- Aid on special projects as identified by the Vice President of Enrollment Management and senior management which will include investigations, research, and analysis of information and preparation of written reports, position papers, and presentations.
- Serve on and participate in various University committees and meetings involved in planning and evaluating new student enrollment issues.
- Provide monthly reports to Director of Enrollment Management that includes overview of recruitment activities, budgets, and enrollment reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Counseling, Communications, or comparable field required; Master’s Preferred.
- 4+ years in:
- Admissions, student advising, or other university student services.
- Transfer Recruitment.
- Recruitment Travel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to work some evenings and weekends as well as travel on occasion for transfer recruitment activities.
- Knowledge of the transfer recruiting and course articulation process at institutions across the country.
- Ability to interact effectively with transfer students to understand the various differences involved in their college search and onboarding process.
- Ability to make presentations to large groups.
- Excellent listening/people skills.
- Very strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to interact with all organizational levels both within the University and outside.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Management and leadership skills: developing project plans, strategic planning, coaching, directing, and delegating.
- Coaching and developing admission counselors to achieve higher recruitment goals, development on long term relationships and career growth.
- Ability to develop strategic planning for transfer recruiting goals.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including experience with public speaking and the ability to present the University in a positive way to a diverse population.
- Ability to connect and develop strong campus relationships with leadership where international recruiting is a priority.
- High level of comfort with technology and data in the service of recruitment and outreach goals.
- Knowledge and experience working with transfer student populations and transfer articulation procedures.
- Self- managing, ability to prioritize time, scheduling, traveling and meetings proactively with minimum supervision.
- Experience in public speaking and representing a college or university within the field.
- Experience working with transfer students.
- Experience working with complex organizations similar to the size of WVU.
- Understanding of non-first time freshman student populations including nontraditional, veteran and traditional transfer students.
- Exposure and experience working with senior leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and develop others.
- Experience with high volume, multi-tasking work (i.e., phone calls, emails, drop-in visitors).
- Driver's License – Required travel.
At West Virginia University, we pride ourselves on a tireless endeavor for achievement. We are home to some of the most passionate, innovative minds in the country who push their limits for the sake of progress, constantly moving the world forward. Our students, faculty and staff make this institution one of the best out there, and we are proud to stand as one voice, one university, one WVU. Find out more about your opportunities as a Mountaineer at https://talentandculture.wvu.edu/
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer, and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown
- Counseling Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown
- Minority & Multicultural Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown