Director Campus Support (Information Technology)
Director Campus Support
Job Title Code
Responsible for leading the operations of an organization, ensuring business goals are achieved by applying
business strategies and developing organizational objectives. Requires a dynamic understanding of relevant laws and policies and the ability to independently analyze problems, search for strategic solutions, organize and influence individuals to meet the vision, mission and goals of the organization and Dallas College. Ensures operations function to promote diversity and professional growth.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Must be able to provide leadership, oversight and accountability for the operational effectiveness and efficiency of an organization to achieve its mission and goals.
• Understands and keeps abreast of applicable laws, regulations and government requirements and their impact on the business ensuring compliance through effective procedures, policies, and practices.
• Ability to manage complex projects; plan and evaluate processes or programs; examine and re‐engineer operations; recommend policy, develop, and implement new strategies and procedures. Knowledge of ITIL a plus.
• Ability to provide strategic direction by identifying actions necessary to achieve task(s) completion and obtain results meeting timelines, quotas, budget, performance goals, etc.
• Able to collaborate with leadership and/or stakeholders regarding ways to improve the functionality of the organization in the best interest of the College.
• Must have strong leadership and interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with diverse cultures and populations.
• Able to manage internal and external relationships in ways that promote the best interest of all
• Ability to sustain and improve the work environment in the face of change and environmental challenges.
• Understands and effectively manages group dynamics and ambiguity; maintains confidentiality; acts ethically and with integrity.
• Knowledge of virtual desktop environments, technical infrastructure and IT support is a plus.
• Ability to seek ways to proactively improve organizational processes and outcomes by being objective, fairly evaluating different components and aspects of a situation, maintaining a balance between the goals of the organization and those of the College.
• Recommends policy/procedural changes to support business needs.
• Ability to manage and impart information to a diverse college‐wide community working cross‐ functionally with other constituents to implement operational strategies and document new processes to improve the customer experience.
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
Master’s degree plus three (3) years of experience in related field plus two (2) years of supervisory
• Official transcripts are required.
• Work hours may extend beyond the regular Monday‐Friday, 8:00 a.m.‐5:00 p m. workday, including weekends and holidays to provide immediate support due to system failures on a 24/7 basis.
• Current and valid Texas driver’s license required for offsite travel.
***Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check.***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Provides leadership, planning, budgeting, and supervision to the Campus Computing Support Services for all college locations.
• Monitors the day‐to‐day delivery of current and projected services to maintain or improve quality output.
• Oversees the management of office, classroom, and lab desktop support services for all the campus locations.
• Ensures compliance with Dallas College policies/procedures and regulatory rules and regulations to ensure proprietary information is safeguarded.
• Stays up to date on best practices and technological changes in the industry through professional development activities.
• Protects the college and its operations against IT risks, including unauthorized access to information, data integrity problems, loss of processing capability, and poor service levels.
• Evaluates information risk on a regular time schedule and promotes information security awareness within the organization.
• Manage multiple technical problems simultaneously, providing assessment, solutions, and design for future growth.
• Analyzes technology needs to determine scope and priorities of projects, system capacity and new installations of software or hardware.
• Builds and maintains effective and collaborative working relationships with diverse stakeholders and constituents within the College community to ensure computing services, information security and disaster recovery programs are in accordance with internal/external security standards.
• Leads all activities at the campuses for campus computing systems support. Collaborates and serves on numerous committees, working with staff, supervisors, and executive leadership to determine business needs.
• Participate in design and coordinate development of infrastructure to ensure key business strategies and processes are supported by systems that enable growth and flexibility.
• Leads efforts to improve IT processes, research and recommend new products to enhance work
• Exercises staff oversight to ensure new operational plans, policies, procedures, and transition/migration plans are consistent with the overall goals and objectives of the College.
• Oversees all Campus computing‐related purchases and budget usage.
Utilizes excellent listening, oral and written communication skills to communicate with a diverse array of stakeholders and constituents with varying level of technical knowledge.
• Gives presentations on project proposals, strategic initiatives, and provide updates on scope of projects and deliverables.
• Continually defines ways to increase internal client satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
• Supervises approximately 38 staff (direct/indirect) and manages a budget of approximately $4+ million
• Performs other duties as assigned.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
Advertised: 03 Mar 2021 Central Standard Time
Applications close: 24 Mar 2021 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Dallas
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Dallas
- Technology Administration/Other Not specified Full Time jobs in Dallas
- Chief Technology & Information Officers Not specified Full Time jobs in Dallas
- Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Dallas