Assistant Professor of Data Science
Fisk University is seeking an Assistant Professor (Tenure-Track) who is an emerging research scholar in Data Science, Bioinformatics, and/or Computer Science. The optimal candidate will have engaged in post-doctoral research and will develop and sustain a research program that engages undergraduate and Master’s trainees in faculty-mentored investigation supported by extramural funds. This individual also will participate as a mentor in the Fisk-Vanderbilt Master’s to PhD Bridge program and other evolving bridge programs to PhD degrees in quantitative and computational life sciences. As a primarily undergraduate institution, a passion for and commitment to teaching students with diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds is essential.
Primary responsibilities include conducting research and teaching courses in Data Science/Bioinformatics/Computer Science (6 credit hours per semester). As computational thinking and quantitative and computational life sciences are institution-wide foci, the optimal candidate will also look forward to collaborations with faculty colleagues across the disciplines. A Ph.D. in Computer Science, or a closely related field, is required.
Additional expectations of an Assistant Professor include participation in the campus community as student advisor, contributions to faculty development, and participating in faculty governance on the Faculty Assembly.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Extensive knowledge in Data Science, Bioinformatics, Healthcare Informatics, or Information Technology. A genuine interest in employing student-centered pedagogies to engage and support the best from our students are important attributes of faculty at Fisk University.
A doctorate degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Bioinformatics, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or relevant areas. The potential for excellence in teaching and research.
A doctorate degree in computer science or relevant areas.
Research experience and at least some experience teaching and mentoring students
Licenses or Certificates:
- Research Statement (outlining research program).
- Teaching Statement (pedagogy, mentoring and teaching philosophy).
- An official transcript from the PhD-granting institution
- Letters from three references to be submitted directly to Fisk University. As this position is funded, in part by the National Science Foundation, copies of all applications should be sent to the Search Committee Chair, Lee E Limbird, PhD, firstname.lastname@example.org.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Nashville
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Nashville
- Computer Sciences & Technology Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Nashville