Associate Director of Field Education, Clinical Psychology Department
The Associate Director of Field Education is responsible for coordination of field training for students enrolled in the clinical psychology doctoral program in their 1st and 2nd year of training. This training will occur at the Practicum level. This professional will also have primary responsibility for coordinating and identifying partnerships to enhance the Practicum field training experience. The position will also take on responsibilities to support pre-internship training for all clinical students during years three and four.
General administration of the Practicum-level clinical field education experience for the PsyD program in clinical psychology, including—but not limited to—facilitating student planning and placement, verifying/expanding site availability and determining accuracy of site-related data in site-search databases; dealing with student problems related to clinical field education, and ensuring compliance with all pertinent policies and regulations; And, overall support of the field education experience of years three and four trainees in conjunction with other members of the professional staff.
- Pre-matriculation support for entering students, especially to facilitate and assist as students seek placements for their first clinical field experience as part of the clinical doctoral program;
- Maintaining a significant-level of student contact related to participation in field education, problem solving around student/site concerns and professional development throughout the four years of pre-internship field training;
- Resolving issues as they arise in the field and working with the clinical psychology academic department head and faculty in this regard;
- Identification, cultivation, and development of new training sites within departmental, APA accreditation and Commonwealth licensing law parameters, including participation in the visits to all new practicum training sites before the training year begins;
- Maintenance of positive working relationships with external-affiliate sites and Directors of Training, with regular visitation to and evaluation of practicum sites;
- Coordinating with other field education personnel to maintain clear policies, procedures and documentation of field office functions.
- In addition to the above delineated specific responsibilities, the Associate Director of Field Education will be expected to participate in institution events. This position will include occasional evening and weekend obligations.
- All other related duties deemed necessary by your supervisor or management.
- Doctoral degree in clinical psychology or counseling psychology.
- Licensure as a Psychologist at the Health Service Provider level.
- Demonstrated administrative skills and superior attention to detail.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, and experience in small and large group presentation/facilitation.
- An established record of excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility and willingness to work as a member of a professional team.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel and comfort working with data bases.
- Ability to drive or otherwise travel individually to field education site locations.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Michelle Costa, Human Resources Recruiting Manager at HR@williamjames.edu.
Inclusive Excellence Statement
William James College is an institution and a community committed to the principles of excellence, fairness and respect for all people. Our Inclusive Excellence model infuses diversity, equity and inclusion efforts into the core of institutional functioning to realize the educational benefits of diversity both locally and globally. We are committed to strengthening communities, including our workplace, by fostering the development of the intercultural competencies necessary for change agents in an increasingly complex, pluralistic society.
Apply for Associate Director of Field Education, Clinical Psychology Department
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Newton
- Student Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Newton
- Career Services Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Newton
- Student Activities & Services Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Newton