Senior Grant Writer
The Senior Grant Writer is responsible for designing and implementing a comprehensive grant solicitation and grant management initiative at William James College (WJC). The Senior Grant Writer is primarily responsible for writing and submitting letters of inquiry, proposals, and reports to foundations, corporations, and government agencies. The Senior Grant Writer will proactively research and identify finding sources that align with WJC priorities, and initiate and maintain positive relationships with WJC faculty and staff, foundation program officers and staff, corporate representatives, and government officials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research and monitor government, foundation and corporate funding opportunities via the internet, printed publications and organizational contacts; and identify external funding opportunities
- Ensure effective and timely communication of proposal requirements, eligibility, restrictions, deadlines, and other pertinent proposal information with administration and project team members
- Coordinate project management teams for all grants; organize cohesive workflow; manage project deadlines
- Develop and compose proposal content in consultation with WJC stakeholders and ensures that all sections of each proposal are complete as designated by Request for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Applications (RFAs) and potential funding sources; and ensures final proposals are submitted by designated deadlines
- Prepare professional letters of inquiry to potential funding sources and collaborating sources; and letters of support/commitment for grant applications
- Conduct research on program strategy, evaluation, and best practices to inform program design during the proposal development and grant application process.
- Assist with preparation of grant budgets and budget justifications
- Responsible for the development of long-term relationships with grantors or potential grantors
- Oversee donor stewardship program: track grant programs to completion to ensure fidelity to original standards, timely report submission, and fulfillment of grant obligations; maintain on-going communication with major institutional and individual donors
- Bachelor's degree required
- Five years of prior grant writing experience
- Experience in an academic setting with knowledge in federal grant guidelines and federal grant budgets is a plus
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects
- Self-motivated and demonstrates initiative, patience, and resourcefulness in adapting to sudden changes
Please apply by submitting your resume and cover letter to Michelle Costa, Human Resources Recruiting Manger at HR@williamjames.edu.
William James College is an institution and a community committed to the principles of excellence, fairness and respect for all people. Our Inclusive Excellence model infuses diversity, equity and inclusion efforts into the core of institutional functioning to realize the educational benefits of diversity both locally and globally. We are committed to strengthening communities, including our workplace, by fostering the development of the intercultural competencies necessary for change agents in an increasingly complex, pluralistic society.
Apply for Senior Grant Writer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly