Director, Student Health Services
Director, Student Health Services
St. John's established in 1870, has three New York City campuses; a graduate center in Hauppauge, NY; international locations in Rome, Italy; Limerick, Ireland; and Paris, France; and study abroad locations around the world. The Princeton Review and other top rankings consistently recognize the University's outstanding academics, diverse student body, dynamic internship and volunteer opportunities, focus on student life, and diverse study abroad offerings. St. John's University offers more than 100 undergraduate and graduate programs in its six colleges and schools, with a growing number of programs offered online. The University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and 12 other major academic and professional associations.
A dedication to diversity, equity and inclusion is at the heart of our mission. As a Catholic and Vincentian university, St. John's is committed to institutionalizing practices of inclusive excellence to ensure that we welcome and celebrate the intrinsic worth of all members of our community. We will become an even stronger university as we enhance equity at every level of our institution. As noted in our Vision Statement, our graduates will excel in the competencies and values required for leadership and service in a rapidly evolving world.
DIRECTOR, STUDENT HEALTH SERVICES
Summary: Student Health Services seeks an energetic and dedicated prescribing provider (e.g., MD, DO, or NP) to provide leadership and oversight of day to day operation of Student Health Services at St, John's University. Reporting to the Executive Director of Student Wellness and Assessment, you will provide institutional, strategic, and management leadership and direction for student health services, providing services to approximately 20,000 student 3,500 of whom live un university managed properties. In addition, the director will provide direct clinical services, coordinate relationships with external providers and vendors as well as cultivate relationships with City and State agencies. The director will be responsible for the delivery of urgent care, conducting medical histories and physical examinations, management of immunization requirements and health clearances for students
The recently expanded program for Student Wellness is part of an integrated approach to wellness that includes Student Health Services, Wellness Education and Prevention, and the Center for Counseling and Consultation. The Department of Student Wellness is composed of a multidisciplinary team of professionals including psychologists, social workers, counselors, consulting psychiatrist, nurses, consulting physicians, a wellness coach, a nutritionist, and a team of graduate assistants.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of Student Health Services on
the Queens and Staten Island campuses; provide direct medical care;
respond to medical emergencies as required.
- Hire, train and develop administrative and medical staff.
- Work in close collaboration with other departments engaged in
health-related activities including Residence Life, Public Safety,
Center for Counseling and Consultation, Department of Athletics
athletics, Office of Sexual Violence, Outreach, Awareness, and
Response, Wellness Education and Prevention, Disability Services,
Dean of Students Office, as well as various academic
- Assist with the coordination of the campus disaster/emergency
preparedness plan and the crisis management/behavioral intervention
- Ensure that all policies, protocols, and procedures reflect
high impact practices in student health and wellness.
- Direct the preparation and maintenance of detailed and
comprehensive reports, records and files regarding compliance,
programs, operations, and activities.
- Manage departmental budgets for Student Health Services on the
Queens and Staten Island campuses.
- Participate in Division of Student Affairs and Department of
Student Wellness programs and initiatives designed to improve
student success and enhance the health and well-being of St. John's
- Availability for after-hours and weekend responsibilities sand
response to crises.
- Licensed in the State of New York as a MD, DO, or F-NP
- A thorough understanding and knowledge of clinical practices
and health care administration
- Proven success in a management/leadership role
- Clear understanding of the direction and future of health
- At least five years, post licensure, providing clinical
services, preferably in a college or University Setting.
- Experience directing the operations of a student health
organization in a college or university environment
- One-two years of experience in health care administration, most
notably college health administration
- Knowledge of current health, mental health, alcohol and other
drug, and social issues on university campuses
- Knowledge and experience in the oversight of clinical
- Experience providing tele-health services
- Experience efficiently managing fiscal, human resources, and
risk management issues
- Strategic planning, budgeting, and financial management
- Demonstrated knowledge, sensitivity, and ability to work with
students from diverse backgrounds
- Experience using electronic medical record, preferrable
St. John's offers a competitive compensation program which is commensurate with your qualifications, experience, and contingent upon the departmental budget. We also offer an extremely comprehensive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our workforce. Along with exceptional benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, long term disability insurance, tuition remission, generous 403(b) employer contribution, employee assistance program, and liberal paid time off policies, faculty and staff can also enjoy St. John's performing arts, libraries, bookstores, dining facilities, campus recreation and sporting events.
Any offer of employment is subject to receipt by St. John's University of satisfactory references, verification of employment and education.
St. John's University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from women and minorities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply, visit https://jobs.silkroad.com/StJohnsEdu/Careers/jobs/218676