Chemistry Professor, Full-Time Tenure Track
Application must be submitted online at: Chemistry Professor, Full-Time Tenure Track | Job Details tab | Career Pages (governmentjobs.com)** Priority Review of Applicants will take place on Monday, February 15, 2021.**
This is a full time-tenure track position. The basic assignment is 177 contract days with a salary of $57,691. The effective date of employment will be September 13, 2021.
South Puget Sound Community College seeks candidates for the 2021-2022 academic year to fill a full-time, tenure track position in Chemistry. Successful candidates will possess the interest, skills and abilities to help college teams lead the state in innovative and collaborative learning experiences designed to optimize student success.
The Chemistry Professor will:
• Place student success at the center of all decision-making.
• Engage with students, faculty, staff and administrators to create a community of learners.
• Seek opportunities for teaching and learning excellence.
• Embrace change, risk-taking and innovation.
• Respect the richness of diverse cultural values, beliefs and practices of others.
• Contribute to the technical and general education of students who will apply learning to the world of work and transfer their education to a university.
South Puget Sound Community College is committed to increasing its cultural diversity with an emphasis on equity and inclusion among its professional staff. The students that we serve come from a variety of backgrounds. On average, 43% of SPSCC students are people of color. We strongly encourage members of the underrepresented groups, veterans, and bi- or multi-lingual individuals to apply for this position to help meet the needs of our diverse students and service district.
And if that isn't enough? We also offer:
• The Clipper Café grill specializing in seasonal comfort foods
• The Bake Shop offering daily baked goods made by our students
• Fine dining in the Percival Room, offering vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free choices as part of our Culinary Arts and Baking & Pastry Arts programs
• Campus bookstore offering snacks, apparel, and specialty supplies
• Starbucks coffee shop
• Bus service every 15 minutes to downtown Olympia and beyond
• FREE parking on campus – permits are not required
• On-campus child care
• Percival Creek, which runs beneath our campus footbridge, provides year-round beauty and views of Chinook, Coho, and chum salmon as they pass through each fall
• Many walking paths that are marked and on nicely paved sidewalks
• Gym and recreation facilities
• SPSCC promotes wellness with a variety of different workshops and events on campus
• Lots of activities with our Arts and Entertainment series, which are usually free for staff and faculty
• Many community events in the Kenneth J. Minnaert Center for the Arts
What You'll Do
Qualifications You Possess
Applications must be submitted online at: Chemistry Professor, Full-Time Tenure Track | Job Details tab | Career Pages (governmentjobs.com)
Top candidates will be notified directly to interview for this
position. Selection will be based on the applicant’s knowledge,
skills, and abilities to perform the duties listed in this job
posting as identified in the materials requested above.
Applications with comments directing the reader to see attachments
will be considered incomplete.
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications and wishing to claim Veterans Preference should redact their personally identifiable information from a copy of their United States Department of Veterans Affairs honorable discharge documentation and email to Ksmith35@spscc.edu with the job number for which they are applying in the subject line.
Background Check Condition of Employment
Employment with the college is contingent upon the successful completion of a comprehensive background check. Any adverse information will be considered on a case-by-case basis and does not automatically preclude a candidate from employment.
This position has been designated as a bargaining unit position represented by the South Puget Sound Federation of Teachers, AFT/AFL-CIO, Local 4603.
South Puget Sound Community College values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator
South Puget Sound Community College provides equal opportunity in education and employment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, creed, religion, or status as a veteran of war. Prohibited sex discrimination includes sexual harassment (unwelcome sexual conduct of various types). SPSCC provides reasonable accommodations for qualified students, employees, and applicants with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Federal Rehabilitation Act. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, Title II and Title IX, Samantha Dotson, Executive Human Resource Officer /Title IX Coordinator, 360-596-5361, Building 25, Room 220, 2011 Mottman Rd SW, Olympia, WA 98512; South Puget Sound Community College is a smoke-free/drug free environment.
Applicants needing accommodation in the application process in an alternative format may contact the Human Resources office at (360) 596-5500.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Olympia
- Education Tenured/Tenured Track $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Olympia
- Teacher Education Tenured/Tenured Track $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Olympia
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Tenured/Tenured Track $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Olympia
- Chemistry & Biochemistry Tenured/Tenured Track $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Olympia